25th August 2012, 08:33 PM
sunil5815

Can I appear for UGC NET exam after passing MSc computers with 62% marks

I M MSc COMPUTERS WITH 62% MARKS. I HAVE DONE IT THROUGH DIATANCE EDUCATION. CAN I APPEAR IN UGC NET EXAM AND WHEN.

28th August 2012, 02:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UGC NET exam after passing MSc computers with 62% marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil5815 View Post
I M MSc COMPUTERS WITH 62% MARKS. I HAVE DONE IT THROUGH DIATANCE EDUCATION. CAN I APPEAR IN UGC NET EXAM AND WHEN.
In order to be considered eligible for National Eligibility Test conducted by University Grant Commission, the minimum academic qualification required is a masters degree in any discipline and the minimum percentage of marks required in the same is 55% for candidates belonging to General and OBC category and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

Now, as per the qualification you possess, you will definitely be considered eligible for National Eligibility Test but since you have pursued your masters degree program through distance mode, make sure that the university you have pursued your masters degree from, is recognized by University Grant Commission and approved by Distance Education Council.

As you have done your masters in Computer Science, you will have to take the test in Computer Science and Applications and in order to check out the syllabus for the same, Click Here.

For further information, refer to www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?