4th February 2012, 08:43 AM
rama krishna.t

Can I apply for Air Force being a candidate from Bi.P.C stream?

entrance for exam
bipc student can apply for air force?which one can choose for me

12th February 2012, 01:45 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Air Force being a candidate from Bi.P.C stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama krishna.t View Post
entrance for exam
bipc student can apply for air force?which one can choose for me
Yes of course you are eligible to apply for Air force examination but you have not mentioned your qualification.It is very difficult to provide exact information of Air force examination.So be specific in your answer when you asking question.

You can apply for Air force examination in these ways :-
  • National Defence Academy examination
  • Combined Defence Service examination

National Defence Academy :-

You should be completed your intermediate(12th) examination from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and you must have studied your 12th examination with physics and mathematics.Those who are appearing in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for NDA examination.

Age limits for this examination is 16.5 years and 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination.

NDA I last date for the application was already over and the examination will be held on 15.04.12.So you can't apply for this examination but if you are interested apply for NDA II examination.The notification will be publish in the month of May in the official website as well as employment news paper.

If you are completed graduation then you are eligible to apply for CDS examination.

Combined Defence Service :-

You should be completed your graduation or engineering from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and you must have studied your 12th examination with physics and mathematics.Those who are appearing in the final year of graduation may also eligible to apply for NDA examination.

Age limits for this examination is 19 years and 23 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for CDS examination.

CDS I last date for the application was already over and the examination will be held on 12.02.12.So you can't apply for this examination but if you are interested apply for CDS II examination.The notification will be publish in the month of June in the official website as well as employment news paper.

More details,Visit the official website :- Click here !!!
12th February 2012, 03:06 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are a student from Biology, physics , chemistry stream , and you want to get a job in Indian Air force..

Then you have to appear in exams like- NDA..
NDA exam is defense exam , through which you can apply for different sections of Indian Defense.

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For Indian Air force wing:-

1.Candidate must have complete the 12th in science field having maths and physics as compulsory subjects from a recognized central/state education board.

2.Candidate , who is appearing for the 12th board exam can also apply for the exam..

3.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

4.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

5.Candidate must be physically fit.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

As you have done 12th class in subjects like- BIOLOGY, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY , then sorry to say you that you are not eligible for the exam.
Because you didn't have maths in 12th class..

You can apply for Army wing..
If you want to get a job in army wing then you can go for NDA exam..

Otherwise you first go for graduation course..
After completion of graduation course in any trade, you can apply for Air force through AFCAT exam..
Through AFCAT exam you can apply for ground duty branch..

If you agree to do this then go for it..

All the best..
12th February 2012, 03:12 PM
pravi1990

Smile Re: Can I apply for Air Force being a candidate from Bi.P.C stream?

Nice idea rama krishna.It is good to serve our country.Why you have to use your Bi.p.c stream,u can use your 10th stream and go through your further higher studies...
12th February 2012, 06:06 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You have not mentioned your exact educational qualification in order to give you specific answer, any way as you are interested for Indian Air Force then this can be joined in two ways:- Through NDA and CDS

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appearing for the final 12th exam or passed from any stream from a recognised Central/State Board with good physical fitness is eligible to apply for NDA.

As you are from Science stream 12th standard, you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force wing of NDA, but you have to go through certain physical standard after passing the written exam.

The process of registration for NDA-I has already been completed the exam will be held on 15.04.2012.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

Indian Army Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officer's Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

The candidate having Physics, chemistry and Mathematics can eligible to apply for all four wings of CDS but candidate having no aforementioned subjects are only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy and Army Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
3rd May 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the percntage required in 12th to join air force?
20th January 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

hi....iam bi.p.c student.. i have complete my intermidate last year.but iam intres in airforce coursed.how to go iam this career..plz...telll me...kindly request
2nd May 2015, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed my 12th with Bi.p.c as my subject's.Scoring 95% can I get in to air force
22nd April 2017, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2nd year intermediate(12th) with Bipc stream with 72% can I joint air force if yes please example me procedure to apply and if any entrance exam
7th April 2019, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I am the bipc student I want to start my career in Air Force can I start, if I am eligible to airforce
4th December 2021, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

My DOB is 11-Dec-2001 ,am I eligible for NDA and AFCAT?Now I'm pursuing btech 3rd year.
4th December 2021, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

My DOB is 11-dec-2001,am I eligible for NDA and AFCAT? Now I'm pursuing btech 3rd year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?