14th February 2012, 09:08 PM
Sree ks

Can I apply in any B.School after scoring 30.28 percentile?

My CAT percentile is 30.28. i know its a low score. i am really confused whether to apply to any B school with this score, can any one help me in figuring this out.

12th July 2012, 07:53 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply in any B.School after scoring 30.28 percentile?

Your CAT score is awfully low to get admission for MBA in India. Common Admission Test is main criteria to get admission in IIMs. With such a low score, it is impossible for you to get admission in IIMs or any other top college that give admission on the basis of CAT score.

Saying this , it does not mean that your ambition of MBA is lost. It is not true, you can still get admission in good MBA college but for that you will have to appear in the MAT exam.

Management Aptitude Test aka MAT is conducted by AIMA institutes. MAT takes place four times a year - February,May ,September, December. The number of colleges that accept MAT score is much more than CAT.

Therefore as I said earlier there is still hope for you to get admission in MBA. As you can see only very few top colleges in India accept CAT score, thousands of MBA aspirants fails to make the cut. They apply for MBA through the MAT score.

However you will have to perform exceptionally well in Magament Aptitude Test. If you get score similar to CAT, you are not going to get admission via MAT either.

The eligibility to appear in MAT exam are:

Your age should be at least 21 years.

You need graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college in India.

Top MBA colleges that accept MAT score are:

IIMM-Pune

Indian Institute of Finance

Birla Institute of technology

IMS-Ghaziabad

Alliance Business Academy

Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade

Fortune Institute of International business

SCMS-Cochin
12th July 2012, 09:06 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
As you have scored 30.28 percentile in CAT exam which is very difficult to get good college for admission , Cat exam is specially done for IIM to get this you have to score more than 90 percentile .

As you are interested to join in MBA you can apply in MAT or XAT exam which is easier than CAT through that you can score good rank & enter in MBA course.

List of mba college for MAT score holder......

Good luck............
12th July 2012, 11:08 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply not to any B-School but to some B-School with securing low scoring in qualifying exam.

You can not apply for CAT(Common Admission Test) conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) because there is a percentage criteria of at least 50% marks in Graduation in order to apply for CAT.

But you can apply for entrance exam like MAT(Management Aptitude Test) conducted by AIMA(All Indian Management Association) and after scoring fair mark you can be admitted to B-School coming under MAT.

The candidate having completed Graduation in any stream form a recognised University is eligible to apply for MAT. There is no percentage of marks criteria in Graduation.

There is neither any restriction to upper age limit nor any restriction to the number of attempts to MAT.

Some B-School under MAt Scoreare:-

-Indian Institute of Finance
-Birla Institute of Technology
-IMS - Ghazia bad
-Fortune Institute of International Business
-Alliance Business Academy
19th July 2012, 11:01 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!

-->yes,you can apply not to any B-school but to some B-school with low scoring in qualifying exam.

-->you can not apply for CAT conducted by IIM because percentage criteria is 50% marks in graduation in order to apply for CAT.

-->But you can also apply for MAT conducted by AIMA.

-->there is not any restriction for no.of attempts.

some of B-school under MAT are:-
-indian institute of finance
-birla institute of technology
-IMS-ghazia bad
-alliance buisness academy
-fortune institute of international buisness.

all the best....
21st August 2012, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

my 12th percentage is low its 49.50% I Am eligible for MAT or not and sugesst what else i Can do my aim is to do MBA with good colleges?My 10th and Graduation PErcentage is 60%?
14th July 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

got 97% ile in mat..90 in atma...due to some personal reason taking drop for a year...what exams should I write excluding cat..
which colleges should I target under mat or atma
15th July 2013, 12:20 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree ks View Post
My CAT percentile is 30.28. i know its a low score. i am really confused whether to apply to any B school with this score, can any one help me in figuring this out.
As you have get very low marks in CAT Management Entrance test,but CAT score card is accepted by almost all Institutions/Colleges that offers MBA Course.So you will able to get admission in other MBA colleges except in IIM'S Campuses.As cut off marks required to take admission in IIM'S is above 80%.

However if you have a working experience of 1 year's then in this case you will able to get admission in IIM's.

Quote:
Selection criteria for IIM'S :
  • 70% weight age given to personal Interview.
  • 30% weight age given to CAT score.
Thus if you have not appear for Personal Interview till now and if you have get round off 30% marks in Written exam then there is chances of getting selected in IIM's.

Quote:
Other preferences given during final selections is as follows :
  1. Percentage of marks in class 10th - Above 60%.
  2. Percentage of marks in class 12th - Above 60%.
  3. Percentage of marks in Graduation - Above 60%.
  4. Work experience - More then 1 year's.
Even though if have any hesitation/problem and unable to get admission in IIM's colleges then you can try for admission in other B-Schools.Some of the B-Schools/Institutions/Colleges that take admission on any score of CAT Exam.So you can apply for admission in the given listed Institutions/Colleges.

• S.P.Jain Institute of Management.
  • T.A Pain Management Institute.
  • ICFAI Business School.
  • Graduate School of Business and Administration.
  • L.B.Shastri Institute of Management.
  • BK School of Business Management.
  • Christ College Institute of Management.
  • G.H.Patel PG Institute of Business management.
  • Indian Institute of Modern Management.
  • Bharti Vidyapeeth Institute of Management.
4th December 2014, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

I have attempted 20 questions in CAT2014 i think no one is wrong so what will be my percentile and with this can i get MBA admission in any B-Shools !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd June 2015, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

I have agreegate of 47% in graduation and MAT marks are 469. Where can i get MBA seat in Bangalore.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?