17th May 2012, 11:13 AM
Ankit9029

Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?

can i apply to ca after completing 12 in comerce stream ?

17th May 2012, 01:00 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit9029 View Post
Yes you may eligible to apply for CA course after 12th standard .

ICAI stands for Institute of Chartered Accountant of India

It is an Professional course . The duration of the course is for four years and the course is divided into three levels namely Foundation course , Intermediate course and Final Course .

To apply for Intermediate course you should complete 12th standard in any discipline ( ie :- Commerce / Arts / Science ) from recognized university . You should be qualified in CPT Examination with good percentage of marks . CPT Examination is mandatory to apply for Foundation course . You should be crack the CPT Examination with good percentage of marks .

CPT stands for Common proficiency Test . It is an Entry level Examination for CA course and this Examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India for every twice in a year .

To apply for CPT Examination you should complete 12th standard (or) equivalent examination in any discipline from recognized university . You should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in 12th board Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Syllabus for CPT Examination :-

-Fundamentals Accounting
-Mercantile of Law
-Quantitative Aptitude Test
-General Economics

This Examination is conducted by Paper Pencil Test and Online Registration Test . The Paper Pencil Test may conducted during the Month of June and December and the Online Registration Examination may conducted during the Month of August , September , October and December . The Score card of CPT Examination may valid for 5 years .

To apply for Intermediate course you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from with minimum 55 % percentage of marks from recognized University . For science stream candidates for 60% percentage of marks . Final year candidate of bachelor degree may also eligible to apply for this course .

So, After completing 12th standard you should qualified in CPT Examination with good percentage of marks then only your eligible to apply for Foundation course .
17th May 2012, 01:30 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?

Quote:
Yes you can apply for CA after 12th exam. Candidates who have passed 10+2 or appearing in any discipline(ie Commerce/Arts/Science) from recognized University can Apply for CPT exam conducted twice every year in the month of June & December. You should be able to clear CPT with good marks.
There are no restrictions in the no. of attempts a candidate can make at CA-CPT exam.

CA-CPT Syllabus

No. of papers:- One

Duration:- Four years

Marks:- 200

Two Sections - Two hours - 100 Marks

Section A:- Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 Marks )
Section B: Mercantile Law ( 40 Marks )
Section C: General Economics ( 50 Marks )
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 Marks )

EXAM DATE:-

June Examination:-

June 6th, 2010; June 5th, 2011; June 3rd, 2012.

December Examination:-

December 5th, 2010; December 4th, 2011; December 2nd, 2012
17th May 2012, 02:08 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.......

Yes, after +2 commerce you can apply for CA course , i am providing you chart from where you can get the knowledge.

The syllabus for CPT exam .......

For more details visit official website of ICAI.

Good luck.........
7th July 2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

can i appear for ipcc exam after my graduation in B.com?
3rd August 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

In how many years can i become a CA?
17th August 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i have just passed out my class 12 and i take admission in B.B.A but i also want to do C.A so what should i do now ?
17th August 2012, 10:09 PM
aarav9012

i have just passed my class 12 and i am doing B.B.A and along with that i want to do C.A.
what should i do ?
22nd September 2012, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

i am a engineering final year student can i do C.A. after complition of my engineering.
20th November 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

can i go for CA directly after 12
22nd December 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i think u should start yr preparation.....
7th January 2013, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in arts stream? please reply
7th January 2013, 08:28 PM
vattikutibhavya

Smile Re: Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?

you can undoubtedly apply for the CA exam.as you are a commerce student,you can easily get into CA.now a days even the other group students like mpc,bipc are also taking the course of CA.the only thing needed for completing the CA course successfully is strong determination and ability to work hard.then definitely success will be yours.all the best
7th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?

Quote:
It is an Professional course . The duration of the course is for four years and the course is divided into three levels namely Foundation course , Intermediate course and Final Course .

To apply for Intermediate course you should complete 12th standard in any discipline from recognized university . You should be qualified in CPT Examination with good percentage of marks . CPT Examination is mandatory to apply for Foundation course . You should be crack the CPT Examination with good percentage of marks .

CPT stands for Common proficiency Test . It is an Entry level Examination for CA course and this Examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India for every twice in a year .

equivalent examination in any discipline from recognized university . You should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in 12th board Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

-Fundamentals Accounting
-Mercantile of Law
-General Economics

This Examination is conducted by Paper Pencil Test and Online Registration Test . The Paper Pencil Test may conducted during the Month of June and December and the Online Registration Examination may conducted during the Month of August , September , October and December . The Score card of CPT Examination may valid for 5 years .

To apply for Intermediate course you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from with minimum 55 % percentage of marks from recognized University . For science stream candidates for 60% percentage of marks . Final year candidate of bachelor degree may also eligible to apply for this course .
7th January 2013, 10:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for Competency Professional Test (CPT) of the CA programme.

There are no restrictions in Percentage in 10+2 for CPT test. But after Graduation there are some rules for applying in terms of percentage in Graduation.

So just pass the CPT with qualifying marks and then apply for IPCC course.

Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates with who don't have maths an aggregate of 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks don't have to apply for the Competency Professional Test (CPT) and can directly register for Professional Competency Course (PCC).

Candidates who have passed the Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Cost & works Accountants of India (ICWAI) or the Institute of Company secretariesof India (ICSI) can register for professional Competency Course.

After passing Professional Competency Course, the candidates can register as Articled clerks for practical training and for admission to the Final course of the C.A..

Every graduate above18 years of age is eligible to register as an articled clerk/Audit Clerks for Chartered Accountancy.

For more information visit http://www.icwai.org
8th January 2013, 11:12 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Of course you can apply for Chartered Accountancy course after completing 12th. You will have to first register for the Common Proficiency Test which is conducted two times in a year. First time in June and second time in December.

A candidate can register for Common Proficiency Test as soon as after completing 10th. However you are only allowed to appear for it after completing 12th standard. There are four subjects in the Common Proficiency Test that are divided into two sections. You will have to score at least 30 percent marks in each section to clear the Common Proficiency Test.

1. Fundamentals of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude

Integrated Professional Competancy Course (IPCC)

The second stage of the CA course is Integrated Professional Competancy Course. Candidates who have completed 12th can only apply for the IPCC after clearing the Common Proficiency Test. Those who have completed graduation can take direct admission for IPCC if meet the following criteria.

Eligibility

1. Commerce graduates must have scored 55 percent marks.

2. Non commerce graduates need minimum of 60 percent marks in graduation.

Group 1

1. Accounting

2. Business Laws,Ethics and Communication

3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management

4. Taxation

Group 2

5. Advanced Accounting

6. Auditing and Assurance

7. Information Technology and Strategic Management

Final Course

The last stage of Chartered Accountancy is Final Course. It is generally regarded as the toughest of all stages. There are total of 8 subjects in the final course.

Group 1

1. Financial Reporting

2. Strategic Financial Management

3. Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics

4. Corporate and Allied Laws

Group 2

5. Advanced Management Accounting

6. Information System control and Audit

7. Direct Tax Laws

8. indirect tax Laws
9th January 2013, 02:50 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Can I apply for CA course after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?

Quote:
Yes you can apply for Competency Professional Test (CPT) of the CA programme.

There are no restrictions in Percentage in 10+2 for CPT test. But after Graduation there are some rules for applying in terms of percentage in Graduation.

So just pass the CPT with qualifying marks and then apply for IPCC course.

Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates with who don't have maths an aggregate of 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with Maths with an aggregate of 60% marks don't have to apply for the Competency Professional Test (CPT) and can directly register for Professional Competency Course (PCC).

Candidates who have passed the Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Cost & works Accountants of India (ICWAI) or the Institute of Company secretariesof India (ICSI) can register for professional Competency Course.

After passing Professional Competency Course, the candidates can register as Articled clerks for practical training and for admission to the Final course of the C.A..

Every graduate above18 years of age is eligible to register as an articled clerk/Audit Clerks for Chartered Accountancy.
24th January 2013, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

i am bba completed . shall i start ca in correspondence?
25th January 2013, 03:10 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you may eligible to apply for CA course after 12th standard .

ICAI stands for Institute of Chartered Accountant of India

To apply for Intermediate course you should complete 12th standard in any discipline ( ie :- Commerce / Arts / Science ) from recognized university . You should be qualified in CPT Examination with good percentage of marks . CPT Examination is mandatory to apply for Foundation course . You should be crack the CPT Examination with good percentage of marks .

To apply for CPT Examination you should complete 12th standard (or) equivalent examination in any discipline from recognized university . You should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in 12th board Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

-Fundamentals Accounting
-Mercantile of Law
-General Economics

So, After completing 12th standard you should qualified in CPT Examination with good percentage of marks then only your eligible to apply for Foundation course .
30th January 2013, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

can we are doing b.com 1st year with side by side c.a exams or not.......?i am confysed when the c.a test apply..after b.com 2nd year or b.com 1st year..how many risk envolved in this stream?
22nd March 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

i am done 12 in 1994 can i join ca program
8th June 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for ca after 10 ???
31st December 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i have don 12th in 2010 than what can i do chartered accountant
1st February 2014, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
I have not completed 2(commerce).when I need to register for cpt...
18th February 2014, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

i am a average student going to give boards but i am confused that i should for ca or not
12th February 2017, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Can you please give a chart of the steps for going into a CA course after completing 12 exams from commerce
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?