29th January 2018, 10:12 PM
Lakshmi Kumar verma

Can I apply for CPT having 50% in 12th class as well as in graduation?

I got fifty percentage in 12th class and as well as in graduation can you please tell me if I am eligible for the CPT Exam or not? Or, I think I will get exemption from CPT. Is is correct? In this scenario in which group I can apply?

2nd February 2018, 12:49 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CPT having 50% in 12th class as well as in graduation?

CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test.

This exam can be given after completing 12th standard or having completed graduation.

However there is a provision under which graduates do not have to appear for the Common Proficiency Test. They are given exemption from appearing for the written test and instead allowed to apply for the IPCC which is second stage of Chartered Accountancy Course.

Exemption Eligibility:

1. A Commerce graduates should have at least scored 55% marks in graduation.

2. Non Commerce graduates requires minimum 60% marks.

Since the Bachelor of Commerce student, you will get exemption if completed graduation with minimum 55% or more marks. Otherwise you will have to appear for CPT .

The Common Proficiency Test has four sections that are mentioned below:

1. Fundamental of Accountancy

2. Economics

3. Mercantile Law

4. Quantitative Aptitude.

These four sections are divided into two groups. Score 30% marks in each group and you will clear the CPT. After that you can get admission for Integrated Professional Competancy Course (IPCC).
2nd February 2018, 05:03 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I apply for CPT having 50% in 12th class as well as in graduation?

CPT is Common Proficiency Test.

It is first step of Chartered Accountancy course. CPT is conducted in June and December every year by ICAI.

You can apply for CPT exam after securing 50% marks in 12th class. Only those candidates who have 55% marks in B.Com or 60% marks in non commerce stream can apply for Integrated Professional Course directly with exemption from CPT.

You can not get exemption from CPT with only 50% marks in bachelor's degree.
2nd February 2018, 10:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CPT is Common Proficiency Test.

CPT is objective level examination conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in June and December. The start date to apply for June CPT exam is 4th April, 2018.

You can not get exemption from CPT because if you have less than 55% marks in bachelor's degree.

You need to apply for CPT exam to get into Chartered Accountancy.
3rd February 2018, 06:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CPT refers to Common Proficiency Test and same is the stage one of CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course.

The minimum educational requirement for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. There is nothing like minimum percentage requirement for appearing in the same examination.

So having completed your Class 12th with 50% marks you are eligible to apply for CPT.

As far as you are concerned about exempting CPT then for that you are required to have completed your graduation with at least 60% marks ( or 55% marks in case of graduation in commerce stream) from a recognized university.

So having managed 50% marks in graduation degree you are not allowed to exempt CPT and hence if you are looking to go for CA course then you will have to go through CPT route.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?