6th March 2019, 02:23 PM
sagararora25

Can I apply for CTET while pursuing my Master degree in MA Economics?

I have done B.A (Hons) in Economics and I ave passed it with distinction and now I am in final year of M.A (Hons) Economics. Can I apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)? Or, do I need to wait until completion of my MA?

14th March 2019, 10:47 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET while pursuing my Master degree in MA Economics?

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and the same examination consist of Paper I (for Classes up to V) and Paper II (for Class VI-VIII).

Further, the minimum education required to apply for CTET Paper I examination is a Class 12th in any stream with 50% marks followed by D.ED/D.El.Ed degree course from a recognised institute. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

While, the minimum educational requirement to apply for CTET Paper II examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline followed by B.Ed degree course with at least 50% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, being a student of MA in Economics degree course, you are eligible to apply for CTET Paper I or CTET Paper II examination only if you have also pursued a teacher training degree course such as D.ED/D.EL.ED/ B.Ed or equivalent along with your regular degree courses.

For more details regarding the CTET eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
15th March 2019, 07:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CTET while pursuing my Master degree in MA Economics?

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted for recruitment as teacher in government schools.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with B.Ed.

After qualifying in the examination, you will become eligible for final selection. For more information about the examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?