3rd December 2020, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GATE to study MTech if completed Polytechnic Diploma on 10th basis?

Sir, I have done Polytechnic Diploma course on 10th basis. I want to apply for GATE now so that I can study MTech program. Can I apply for GATE to get admission in MTech program?

4th December 2020, 10:33 AM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE to study MTech if completed Polytechnic Diploma on 10th basis?

No, You can't apply for GATE to study MTech if you completed Polytechnic Diploma on 10th basis.

You must have completed minimum graduation in relevant subjects to be eligible for this exam.
4th December 2020, 12:10 PM
Ulna
Banned

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE to study MTech if completed Polytechnic Diploma on 10th basis?

The GATE exam stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering
The eligibility criteria for this examination is
ok and it must hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering or technology after 12th standard for three years after BSc or diploma in Engineering
The candidates are studying BTech b pharm bachelor of architecture pharmacy pharm d MBBS MSc chemical technician are eligible
according to the rules and criteria you must have a bachelor's degree or a master's degree for being eligible to appear for the exam so diploma will not be sufficient to be eligible for the exam and study the Mtech program you will have to study a bachelors program and attain a degree in any other Engineering or any technical
4th December 2020, 07:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for appearing in the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for getting admission in M.Tech. degree course, the minimum education required is a B.Tech/B.E. or any other equivalent degree course from a recognized university.

So, being Polytechnic Diploma degree holder, you are not eligible for pursuing M.Tech degree course at this stage as Polytechnic Diploma course is not a course which is equivalent to B.Tech. degree course.
5th December 2020, 12:03 AM
Jaishree Sukhwani

Yes, you can apply but first of all you have to complete B.Tech after completion degree you have to secure minimum 50 to 55% in bachelor's. After this you can apply for GATE. If you're not qualifing GATE you can still pursue your M.Tech course in the private institutes of India.
5th December 2020, 09:49 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To appear for GATE exam, candidates must have completed/appearing in final year of graduation in engineering/technology from a recognized institute/college.

Note that Diploma/Polytechnic passed candidates cannot apply for GATE exam. However, if they enroll for graduation in engineering/technology by taking lateral entry, then they can take apply for GATE exam in final year of graduation or after passing it.

As in your case, you have just passed Diploma, so you cannot apply for GATE exam as of now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?