26th July 2018, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply in ICAI program with 53.5% in BCom(Accountancy)?

Dear Sir, I have scored 53.5% marks in my BCom Accountancy Honours. I want to enroll for ICAI course. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I am eligible or not to apply for this ICAI program?

29th July 2018, 10:10 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply in ICAI program with 53.5% in BCom(Accountancy)?

ICAI refers to The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and ICAI course is usually used its CA i.e; Chartered Accountancy course.

Chartered Accountancy course is a professional course which is divided into three stages which includes Foundation course in CA followed by IPCC i.e; Integrated Professional Competence Course and the final stage course in their respective order.

Being a B.Com in Accountancy degree holder with 53.5% marks, you are eligible to pursue by beginning from the stage first of CA course i.e; the foundation course in CA by qualifying CPT which is the gateway to the same course. Also. the minimum education required for appearing in CPT is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline froma recognized board. In case student who manages to secure at least 55% marks in your bachelor's degree with commerce stream or 60% marks in anyother stream can skip the foundation course in CA and can directly register for the IPCC.

For more details regarding ICAI courses, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?