24th June 2012, 05:58 PM
RAMANDEEPKALIYAN

Can I apply for IFS after BSc?

Can i apply ifs form after b.sc...please tell me can I do it....

8th July 2012, 12:51 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IFS after BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMANDEEPKALIYAN View Post

IFS stands for Indian Forest services examination as well as Indian Foreign Service and you have not mentioned properly in your Question.

Indian Foreign Service exam is come Under Civil services examination and as per the eligibility, a person should be graduate from a govt recognized university, it doesn't matter whether you completed your graduation from a regular course or correspondence course. If you have completed your Graduation then you can apply for IFS Examination.

IFS is considered at good post in Civil Service exam. Posting mostly allotted in foreign countries, IFS officers get best facilities & reputation everywhere.

But to get though CSE exam is a very tough job, for which selection rate below 1%. It would take you around one year for a good preparation for this exam. The exam basically not only test you academic knowledge, but also, your aptitude, general knowledge , awareness, personality, writting & communication skills. So, you could say, an over all good performer makes it to civil service.

So, you can start your preparation now for 2013, notification will come nest year in February. Examination procedure will start from May, 2013.

To apply for Indian Forest Service Examination, You have to Complete your Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent.

To apply for IFS Examination, you have to attained the age of 21 years and not more than 30 years.

So, please wait for the notification and then apply for the examination and for more details check official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
8th July 2012, 07:59 AM
priyankasree

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for IFS after BSc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMANDEEPKALIYAN View Post
HI,

1. [IFS]INDIAN FOREST SERVICE

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]YES YOU ARE ELIGIBILE FOR IFS ......

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA;

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]YOU SHOULD COMPLETE GRADUATION IN ANY COURSE

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]AGE LIMIT

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]YOU HAVE AGE BETWEEN 21YRS -30YRS[AS ON AUGUST 2012]
AGE RILAXATON FOR SC/ST & BC CANDITATES

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]IMPORTANT DATE

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]EXAM DATE; 14TH JULY 2012

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]2.Name of Civil Services :
IFS (Indian Foreign Service)
Exam Date : Prelim in 1st week of May & Mains in 2nd week of Oct

Eligibility Criteria :

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]1.Age limit& Education

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]person appears in the [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]
*YOU SHOULD COMPLETE GRADUATION IN ANY COURSE ..

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]2.Number of Attempts

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Exam Pattern :
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

ALL THE BEST....
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]
8th July 2012, 10:07 AM
Radhakrishna143

IFS stands for Indian Forest services examination
as well as Indian Foreign Service and you have
not mentioned properly in your Question. Indian Foreign Service exam is come Under Civil
services examination and as per the eligibility, a
person should be graduate from a govt
recognized university, it doesn't matter whether
you completed your graduation from a regular
course or correspondence course. If you have completed your Graduation then you can apply
for IFS Examination. IFS is considered at good post in Civil Service
exam. Posting mostly allotted in foreign countries,
IFS officers get best facilities & reputation
everywhere. But to get though CSE exam is a very tough job,
for which selection rate below 1%. It would take
you around one year for a good preparation for
this exam. The exam basically not only test you
academic knowledge, but also, your aptitude,
general knowledge , awareness, personality, writting & communication skills. So, you could
say, an over all good performer makes it to civil
service. So, you can start your preparation now for 2013,
notification will come nest year in February.
Examination procedure will start from May, 2013. To apply for Indian Forest Service Examination,
You have to Complete your Bachelor’s degree
with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal
Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany,
Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics,
Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a
recognised university or equivalent. To apply for IFS Examination, you have to
attained the age of 21 years and not more than
30 years. So, please wait for the notification and then apply
for the examination and for more details check
official website:
4th January 2014, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

my date if birth is 27 may 1980 and i am in obc category. Can i apply for Indian Forest Services?
14th November 2019, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian forest services after completion of B. Sc in zoology?
26th March 2020, 06:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IFS after completion of b.sc in fisheries?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?