4th October 2015, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Navy if I am a Arts student

Arts studant can apply in indian navy inside bin tecnical

4th October 2015, 06:24 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Navy if I am a Arts student

N.D.A. is the exam that conducted for joining the all the three wings of Indian armed forces which is conducted for-

Indian Navy

Indian Air force

Indian Army

Eligibility criteria for that is-

>> Candidate to be Indian citizen and must have qualified the 12th standard in any discipline of art, Science and commerce.

>> Candidates qualified the 12th from science stream with physics and mathematics can apply for all the three wings and candidates with arts and commerce stream can apply only for the Army wing.

>> A subject of Nepal and Bhutan can also apply if he is migrated to India since 1962 for permanent residence in India.

>> Only unmarried male candidate are eligible to apply and female candidates can not apply for the exam.

>> The physical standard should be good and eye sight should be 6/6.
4th October 2015, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for Indian Navy if you are a arts student. Only those who have studied maths, physics and chemistry at 12th level are eligible to apply for Indian Navy. You are only eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam.

Therefore, if you want to join Indian Army then you have chance but for Indian Navy you are not eligible with this qualification.
4th October 2015, 07:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Arts studant can apply in indian navy inside bin tecnical
No, you are not eligible for Indian Navy after completing Arts stream. Only those candidates who have completed their Graduation in science stream are eligible to apply.

Eligibility for CDS:
  • Applicants must be a citizen of India.
  • Only unmarried male applicants are eligible to apply
  • Applicants age should be in between 19-23 years.
  • Applicants should be physically and Medically fit.

Official website - http://upsc.gov.in/
4th October 2015, 07:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible to apply for Indian Navy being an Arts student.

One can join Indian Navy either through NDA exam or CDS exam . Both exams are conducted by UPSC twice a year for making recruitment in different wings of Indian Defense Services .

The eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy through NDA exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM group of subjects .

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.

-The candidate should be physically and mentally fit as per the standards required to join NDA.

Vision standard requirements for Naval candidates :

Uncorrected without glass : 6/9

Corrected with glass : 6/6

The eligibility required to join Indian Navy through CDS Exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The qualification required for Indian Naval Academy is Bachelor of Engineering.

-The age limit to apply for the Indian Naval Academy is 19 years to 22 years.

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards for admission to CDS exam.

-The exam process involves

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.
4th October 2015, 07:41 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts NDA exam for 10+2 aspirants every year who wish to join Indian Army, Navy or Air Force.
But there is a condition to join these wings.

For joining Air Force and Navy wing,
Only PCM or PCMB candidates are allowed. That means you must have Physics and Mathematics as your primary subject in 10+2.
So, if you are not having Physics and Mathematics or if you are a non-science (arts, commerce) student, then you cannot join Navy or Air Force wing of NDA.

However, non-science candidates can join Army wing of NDA.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF NDA EXAM
You must be unmarried male candidate.
Age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.
You must be 10+2 passed/appearing from a recognized board.
4th October 2015, 08:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for Indian Navy being a Arts student. To be eligible to apply for Indian Navy, you must have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year. To appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subject from a recognised board. Being a Arts student, you have not pursued Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard, so, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy.
4th October 2015, 08:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to apply for Indian Navy after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream. To be eligible to apply for Indian Navy, you must have pursued your 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board. To join in Indian Navy, you must have to appear in NDA examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
4th October 2015, 09:47 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

-> No, you cannot join Indian Army after 12th standard with Arts stream.

-> If you have Arts stream then you can join after Graduation through CDS. Physics & Maths are the compulsory subjects in 12th standard for joining Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria

1. The Candidates who want to join the Indian Army, their age must be 16.5 to 19 years.

2. The minimum height of candidates is 157 cm.

3. The Candidates must have Indian citizen and unmarried male only.

4. The Candidates must have minimum 10+2 passed from any recognized Board.

5. The Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Examination and Physical Test.
4th October 2015, 10:14 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You have not clearly explained your educational qualification. I don't know that either you are intermediate or any Arts degree holder. So it is not possible to give exact advise in this regard.

# Being a graduate in arts discipline, it is not possible to join Indian Navy. But you can still join the Indian Army or Ground Duty Branch of Indian Air Force.

# But being intermediate in any stream, you can join the Indian Navy just cracking the National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Examination.

# Candidates are required that either they have completed 10+2 or going to appear. There is no any marks / percentage marks restriction in the 10+2 board examination. Just pass marks are sufficient to apply for NDA Examination.

# Followings are the mandatory eligibility conditions:

* Must be permanent resident of Indian territory.
* Must not be married.
* Must be male candidate. As female candidates are not allowed.
* Must have good moral character.

# The prescribed age limit for NDA Examination:

* Must be above the age of 16.5 years.
* Must have not crossed the age of 19 years.

# The scheme of selection process of NDA Examination:

* Written Objective Type Test
* SSB Interview
* Physical and Medical Examination

# The scheme and pattern of Written Objective Type Test of NDA Examination:

* General Ability Test (600 marks)
* Mathematics (300 marks)

# For further information, one may go to visit the official website of UPSC i.e. http://upsc.gov.in

# Names of few coaching centres for NDA Examination:

* Disha Academy
* Baalnoi Academy
* Test Bag Academy
* Olive Greens
* Cavalier India
* New Careers Academy
* Bolstar Academy
* Tara Institute
* Impact Coaching and Educational Services Pvt. Ltd.
4th October 2015, 10:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, not at all, arts candidates can not apply for the Indian Airforce either at 10+2 level or bachelor's degree level in technical branch.

There are various entrance exams for Navy like NDA, CDS etc. You should have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or bachelor's degree level.

Being an arts candidates, you can join Indian Army if you are interested to join defense.
4th October 2015, 11:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy being an arts stream student as for the same only science stream students are eligible.

But if you are interested in the defence field then you have the option for joining Indian Army as for the there is no specific requirement of a particular stream in academics.

But you are not eligible for technical jobs in Indian Army also as for the same you need to have physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects of your academics.

To join Indian army in non technical department you have two options. One of the option is through NDA examination and other option is through the CDS examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. Both the academies are responsible for providing necessary education and training to trainees who have joined the academies by clearing their respective entrance examinations.

Both the examinations are held twice every year by union public service commission in two stages which are respectively known as written examination and service selection board interview.

For further details regarding the eligibility criteria, syllabus, question pattern and notifications for upcoming entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2015, 11:49 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

**As per as me knowledge you are not eligible for the indian Navy as you are an arts student, students with Physics, Chemistry an Maths can apply for the indian navy. The eligibility details are as following--

**Eligibility====>

-To apply for the merchant navy the applicant should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry an Maths

***This is the list of good colleges offering this course in India:::::::}

>>The Training Ship Chanakya (T S Chanakya), Karaus, Navi Mumbai.

>>Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata

>>Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai

>>Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai ..
4th October 2015, 11:59 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Indian navy after completion of graduation in arts stream.

If the candidate wishes to pursue his/ her career in Indian navy then one must appear for Combined defence service examinations or University entry schemes or Direct entry schemes which are conducted by UPSC every year.

The minimum educational qualifications for appearing the above exams is that the candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized college/ university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?