I want to appear for nda ,can i apply for this as i m 19 only

4th October 2012, 04:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA at an age of 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to appear for nda ,can i apply for this as i m 19 only
If you have already attained the age of 19 years then you are not eligible to apply for National Defence Academy examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC, twice. To apply for this examination you must be unmarried and your age should between 16.5 to 19 years. If you have already attained the age of 19 years, then you can not apply for NDA in your career.

For Next year NDA(I) Examination, Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 1997 are eligible.

If you have satisfied the above eligibility then only you can apply for NDA otherwise not.

In case, if you are not eligible, then you have to go for graduate degree course. Because after graduation only you can enter into Defence.

There are lots of entries after graduation to Join Defence, So please go for graduate courses and then after graduation you are eligible to apply for the CDS(Combined Defence Services) Examination.

This examination is also conducted by UPSC, two times in a year and only graduate candidates may apply for this examination. This examination is conducted for the recruitment of these Academy namely, Indian Military Academy, Naval academy, Air force academy and Officer's Training Academy. You have to apply for CDS as per your age and educational qualification, your age should between 19 to 25 years to apply for CDS.

If you need more information about this examination, then please check official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 04:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

So if you have already crossed 19 years it is not possible for you to apply for NDA. If you are interested for Defence Service then you can apply for CDS(Combined Defence Service) after completion of Graduation Degree within the age of 19 to 25 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 06:10 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

The age limit and other eligibility criterion for NDA is given below-

AGE LIMIT:- Your age should be in the age group of 16-1/2 to 19 years.

CITIZENSHIP:- You should have Indian citizenship.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:- You should be 12th passed or 12th appearing student from either science or commerce stream. Having a NCC A-grade certificate will be advantageous for you in SSB interview.
4th October 2012, 06:11 PM
shiv puri

Hello friend,

Yes you can apply if you fit in its age criteria.I provide you some information about the NDA (National Defence Academy)

Eligibility criteria

1.Age 16 to 19 years
2.Qualification intermediate complete or pursuing person can also apply (12th class)
3.After cracking the written you have to give the physical and medical exam also
4. Your age, height and weight depend on each other for physical
5.According to the marks you can select the academy of NDA
Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Air force

I hope this information helpful to you.......

Thanking you........
4th October 2012, 06:57 PM
Astha sinhaa

Firstly,the least requirement for applying in NDA is that you should be either 12th appearing or 12th passed candidate.If your age is 19,then it is better for you to go for graduation rather to apply as 12th appearing or passed candidate as 19 is the lapsed age.After graduation,there are many opportunities to get into NDA.Graduation is the lead way to NDA.
4th October 2012, 07:01 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend........

I am sorry say you that you are not eligible for NDA Examination

Because, you are cross age limit of NDA Examination,aspirant candidates age must between 16.5 to 19 years, if you are cross this 19 years limit you are not eligible for NDA Examination

NDA Stands for National Defense Academy, This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice......i.e. NDA - I & NDA - II

NDA have 3 wings, i.e. 1. Indian Air Force, 2. Indian Army, 3. Indian Navy

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination is : -

** Candidate must have a 12th standard with PCM Subjects from recognized institution
4th October 2012, 07:23 PM
murugeshwarankkl
Member+

UPSC NDA & NA exams are conducted Twice a year.

Candidates can join the Army, Airforce & Naval Wing of the Defence Forces.

Educational Qualification :

The minimum educational qualification is 12th Pass/Equivalent.

For Navay and Airforce wing candidates 12th Pass/Equivalent with subjects

Physics & Maths is mandatory.

Age Limit :

Age Limits for NDA exams is between 16.5-19yrs.

No relaxation to any category of candidates is applicable.

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 08:59 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria

1.Age 16 to 19 years
2.Qualification intermediate complete or pursuing person can also apply (12th class)
3.After cracking the written you have to give the physical and medical exam also
4. Your age, height and weight depend on each other for physical
5.According to the marks you can select the academy of NDA
Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Air force
4th October 2012, 09:36 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

You cannot apply if you have crossed 19 years of age.

Eligibilty criteria to apply for NDA -

1. Unmarried candidate between 16 .5 - 19 years of age.

2. Indian Citizen

3. Minimum 12th appearing .

You can visit www.upsc.gov.in for complete information.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?