9th August 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for NDA at an age of 19 years?

i am 19 year old can i apply for nda?....please tell me whether can i be

26th August 2012, 05:57 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can i apply for NDA at an age of 19 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No your not eligible for NDA Examination .

( Reason :- You have Not Satisfy the age Criteria for NDA Examination )

To Appear in NDA Examination your age should be Not less than 16.5 years and not more than 19 years .

At present you having 19 years . So as per the eligibility Criteria your not eligible for NDA Examination .

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

To apply for NDA Examination you need to satisfy the eligibility Criteria ,

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination :-

## Your Educational Qualification should be Passed in +2 / Equivalent Examination from recognized University .

## Science stream with Physics and Mathematics Subject is Mandatory for Airforce / Navy Academy .

## The Applicant who are waiting for 12th board Examination may also eligible .

## Your Martial Status should be Unmarried Male candidate .

## You should be should be Not less than 16 1/2 and Not more than 19 years .

## You should be should be Physically as well as Medically fit for the Examination .

## You should be Citizen of India .

Suggestion :- If you really interested to join in Defence Sector , then you may apply for CDS ( Combined Defence Service ) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

The Minimum Educational Qualification to apply CDS Examination, the Applicant should Complete Bachelor Degree Course from recognized University .

Age Criteria for CDS Examination :-

## For Airforce Wing :- 19 years to 23 years
## For Navy Wing :- 19 years to 22 years
## For Army Wing :- 19 Years to 24 years
## For Officer Training Wing :- 19 years to 25 years

So, If you Completed Bachelor degree then you may Eligible to apply for CDS Examination .
26th August 2012, 06:13 PM
gopal1438

hello sir,

Sorry are not eligible for NDA EXAMINATIONS because now at present age is 19 year completed.

Exam details nda national defence academy conduct exam upsc in year twice times.

Study eligible study 10+12 th passed with which maths and physics subject in 60% 10th, and only male un marriad eligible.

Age. 16.5 to 19 year eligible, only indian.

NDA THREE WINGS.

1. Airforce wing.
2. Navy wing.
3. Army wing.
Exam apply only ONLINES.
More details www.upsc.com
Best of luck
26th August 2012, 06:33 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for NDA because you have not fill the age criteria.Your age should not be upper then 19 year.

National defence academy & naval academy examination (NDA)
Now, Look at the eligibility criteria of NDA Examination

**12th pass or appearing candidate are also eligible for apply.
**only unmarried male candidate eligible.
**age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
• For Army Wing of NDA
12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education, or equivalent.

• For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy
12 th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education with Physics and Mathematics.
so,firstly complete your 12th with the maximum marks.
good luck to your future.
26th August 2012, 06:54 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

Eligibility for NDA and Naval Academy

Nationality:

A candidate must be either:

(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Age Limits:

Candidate born not earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

NOTE:

Date of Birth Certificate:

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

Once the date of birth is recorded in the Commission, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.

Sex and Marital Status:

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

NOTE:

Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.

Educational Qualifications:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have (any one of the following):

For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
NOTE:
Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academics of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
26th August 2012, 08:07 PM
soumadeep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No your not eligible for NDA Examination .

( Reason :- You have Not Satisfy the age Criteria for NDA Examination )

To Appear in NDA Examination your age should be Not less than 16.5 years and not more than 19 years .

At present you having 19 years . So as per the eligibility Criteria your not eligible for NDA Examination .

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .
26th August 2012, 08:46 PM
bablucena9

hi,
NDA exam stands for national defence accdemy which is conducted by upsc twice in a year.
Nda exam eligiblity:-
You have passed 12th standard from a recognized university.
Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
You must be unmarried man and indian citizen.
For more:-
www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2012, 07:33 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely apply for this exam at 19 years of age as this is the higher age limit for this exam. You need to pass either 12th class or diploma to attend UPSC NDA exam. Also a male candidate who is unmarried can attend this exam. This exam will include questions on numerical ability, English skills, GK etc. On clearing this exam, physical test and personal interview is the final selection process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?