24th August 2019, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA examination while being in 11th standard?

Hi, I am doing my 11th standard from Science stream with subject combination of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance examination now only? Or, do I need to first complete my 11th and 12th?

28th August 2019, 09:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA examination while being in 11th standard?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same, you are required to qualify the NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year. The examination is conducted in two stages which includes Written Examination followed by SSB interview.

--> Further, the basic qualifications required to apply for the NDA examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Further, to join Navy or Air force wings of defense services, one is required to have pursued Mathematics and Physics as main subjects during their Class 12th. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible.

* You must hold Physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, being a student of Class 11th, you are not eligible to apply for the same examination right now, but you can apply for the same examination during your Class 12th.

For complete detailed information regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th August 2019, 10:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA is National Defence Academy. Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised university. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination. So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination in std 11th. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th August 2019, 10:45 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination being a 11th standard student. To be eligible to apply for NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a government recognised board. You should be an unmarried male candidate in the age range of 19 to 24 years to be eligible to apply for NDA examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?