25th August 2019, 02:51 PM
Rajib Kisku

Can I apply for NEET if I failed in Mathematics (optional subject)?

I had Mathematics as optional subject and Biology as main subject in 12th Boards. And, I failed in Mathematics (optional subject). Can I apply for NEET having all requirements like 50% in PCB and English?

30th August 2019, 09:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NEET if I failed in Mathematics (optional subject)?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a national level medical admission test for offering admission to undergraduate medical degree course across any medical college of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the NEET is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects along with English from a recognized board of education. Further, the minimum marks in aggregate in PCB subjects must be at least 50% ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates).

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET having managed to secure 50% marks in PCB subjects but having failed in Mathematics which was your optional subject then it all depends upon the final status of your Class 12th result as in case of some examination board passing in optional/additional subject is compulsory for getting Passing status. So, if your result shows your status as Pass then you are eligible for appearing in the same examination otherwise you will have to clear all your backlog papers first in order to appear in NEET.

For more detailed information regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
30th August 2019, 09:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NEET if I failed in Mathematics (optional subject)?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a national level medical admission test for offering admission to undergraduate medical degree course across any medical college of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the NEET is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects along with English from a recognized board of education. Further, the minimum marks in aggregate in PCB subjects must be at least 50% ( or 40% in case of reserved category candidates).

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET having managed to secure 50% marks in PCB subjects but having failed in Mathematics which was your optional subject then it all depends upon the final status of your Class 12th result as in case of some examination board passing in optional/additional subject is compulsory for getting Passing status. So, if your result shows your status as Pass then you are eligible for appearing in the same examination otherwise you will have to clear all your backlog papers first in order to appear in NEET.

For more detailed information regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?