12th June 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET after completing B.Com?

hi! m compltd my B.com may i apply for NET??

13th June 2013, 09:35 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET after completing B.Com?

No, You are not eligible to apply for NET after B.Com.

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC two time every year for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST Candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

Hence to apply for NET you should be a Post Graduate with above mentioned eligibility.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
13th June 2013, 05:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test .This entrance examination is held twice every year .UGC that is University Grants Commission is responsible for conducting this examination.

UGC conducts this exam for selection of:

1.Lecturers in government colleges.

2.Candidates eligible for the Junior Research fellowship.

Talking about educational qualifications:

The minimum academic requirement for giving this exam is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

The minimum % of marks in post graduation must not be less than 55%.Relaxation of 5% in marks is given to sc/st candidates.

Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

Since you have only done bachelor's degree in commerce ,so you are not eligible for the NET exams.First of all do your master's degree then you will be eligible for it.

Information regarding age limitations:

The minimum age limit needed to appear for this exam is 21 years .For Junior research fellowship it is 28 years and for Lectureship there is no upper age limit.

For any more information regarding UGC NET exams ,you may also visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps and satisfies you .If you have any other query regarding this then you can leave it here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
13th June 2013, 06:49 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi! m compltd my B.com may i apply for NET??
No , you are not eligible to apply for NET examination after completing B.com degree course because to apply for NET Examination . The applicant need to passed master degree or studying in the final year of master degree course . If you are not completed the master degree course then you are not eligible to apply . Any master degree holder are eligible to apply .

NET i.e National Eligibility Test and this examination is conducted by UGC twice in a year for admission to Lectureship , Ph.D and Junior Research fellowship . The exam announcement will be expect every April or March and October or September . To apply for NET examination , the applicant need to match the all the criterias . Let see the eligibility criteria of NET Examination .

Eligibility Criteria for NET Exam ::

The basic education qualification required to appearing for this examination is that the applicant need to holding the master degree course in any desire subject from a recognized University . The applicant can appear for the related subjects studied their graduation or Master degree . If the subjects are not cum under the UGC specification subjects and then the applicant can choose and appear their related subjects .

The applicant who are appearing in the final year of master degree may also eligible to apply for this examination . The applicant must secure at least 55% marks for General and OBC candidates and 50% marks for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Person with disabilities .

The applicant appearing for Junior Research fellowship and the age must not have more than 28 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable . The applicant appearing for Lectureship must have attained the age of 19 years at the time of appearing and No upper age limits . There is no issue of number of attempts of NET Examination .

So , i think now you are clear about the NET Examination . After completing Post graduation you are eligible to apply for NET Examination .
14th June 2013, 12:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry B.Com. Graduates are not eligible to apply for UGC NET.

You have to pass Post Graduate level Degree to become eligible for UGC NET. Also there is percentage criteria and you have to pass with 55% marks in the Post Graduation.

There is relaxation in marks for reserved categories and they need only 50% marks to apply for UGC NET.

Age Limit:

For Lecturership - No age Limit

For Junior Research Fellowship - Below 28 years (Relaxation will be given to reserved categories)

Selection Procedure:

You have to appear for Objective Type Papers in which your aptitude towards research will be tested and also you have to appear for papers in your subjects which you have opted. The questions will be of Degree level and Post Graduate level means you have to be very well prepared for the examination.

Those who are in merit will be declared UGC NET qualified and will be eligible to apply for various Government Lecturer posts.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?