23rd December 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for next year SCRA Exam having completed BE in this year?

i heard today about SCARA Railway 2012. can i apply now????
I have complete B.E in 2011

23rd December 2011, 11:34 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for next year SCRA Exam having completed BE in this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i heard today about SCARA Railway 2012. can i apply now????
I have complete B.E in 2011
Can I apply for next year SCRA Exam having completed BE in this year?

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice exam. Actually it was started by Britishers in 1927 to select a handful of most intelligent Indians to assist them in their Railway Operations, after training at their Railway's largest workshop, i.e. Jamalpur Workshop, and for one year in United Kingdom. The selected candidates were required to appear in the Mechanical Engineering Degree Exmination held by Engineering Council (London).

From then it is conducted every year .It is conducted at least once a year and sometimes it is also conducted twice. The standard of this SCRA exam is very high and is matches with IIT-JEE and some students also consider it somewhat much tougher than IIT-JEE. The full information regarding SCRA eligibility criteria are given below.

Eligibility Criteria for SCRA Exam
  • Educational Qualification
    • The candidate must have passed Intermediate or equivalent with first or second division with Mathematics as a cumpulsory subject and Physics or Chemistry as one of the subject.
    • Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects are also eligible to apply.
  • Age Criteria
    • The candidate must have attained 17 years of age and must not have completed 21 years on 1st August of the year of examination
  • This exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission ) and the notification regarding this exam is published on the official website of upsc that is http://www.upsc.gov.in and Employment News.

I have provided the enough information so if you satisfy the above given eligibility criteria then you are eligible .

With Regards
ravik1214
24th December 2011, 12:10 AM
rajesh9503
Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for next year SCRA Exam having completed BE in this year?

SCRA is the exam of upsc and for that the age limit also fixed means 17 to 21 and qualification is compulsory taken subjects like physics,chemistry,maths. the SCRA exam is similar like nda but its for technical field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?