15th August 2020, 06:16 PM
Hardeep kor

Can I apply for UGC NET after Post Graduation via correspondence mode of education?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing M.A English from LPU University via distance mode of education and not via regular mode. So, I want to ask about that can I give UGC NET examination after completing this Post Graduation degree? Or, only regular courses are acceptable for UGC NET?

18th August 2020, 05:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UGC NET after Post Graduation via correspondence mode of education?

the minimum education required to appearing in UGC NET held by NTA is a Master degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, if you complete your M.A. in English degree course (even in distance mode) with the minimum requirement of marks for appearing in UGC NET, the you will be certainly eligible for appearing in the same examination as correspondence mode of education is allowed if the university offering the same course is recognised by UGC.

For complete details and FAQs related to UGC NET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?