25th April 2022, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for ugc NET in economics with 54.8% in MA Economics?

I got 54.8% marks in MA Economics. Can i apply for ugc NET in economics. I am included in general category.

28th April 2022, 10:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for ugc NET in economics with 54.8% in MA Economics?

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET. The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

No round off aggregate is taken in consideration for appearing in the examination.
29th April 2022, 12:16 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having managed 54.8% marks in aggregate in M.A. Economics degree course and belonging to General category, you are not eligible to appear in the UGC NET as the minimum aggregate required in qualfying degree for appearing in UGC NET is 55% in case of general category candidates which is relaxable upto 5% in case of reserved category candidates.

For complete details and updates regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
29th April 2022, 04:42 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have completed their masters degree from a recognised institution with atleast 55% (without rounding off) marks are eligible for exam.

Thus your percentage is less than 55 and you belong to general category , thus you are not eligible for exam.
29th April 2022, 07:58 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for UGC NET with 54.8% in PG.

Master of Economics is a Postgraduate Academic Research Degree Course. The eligibility criteria for NET exam is Masters degree in related subjects with at least 55% of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.
29th April 2022, 08:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NET is National Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted by UGC. The common eligibilty to apply is that candidate must have passed post graduation with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is relaxation in aggregate for the reserved category to apply for the examination and to apply for the examination.
30th April 2022, 01:23 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The UGC NET Economics educational qualification requirement is a candidate must have studied a Master's degree in a relevant stream with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. There is a 5% relaxation for ST/SC/OBC/PWD candidates.

The maximum age for UGC NET Junior Research Fellow is 30 years for the general category and there would be age relaxation for other categories.
30th April 2022, 12:42 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for UGC NET in economics is candidate must have completed Masters in Economics with at least 55% marks in aggregate from any recognized university or Institute.

If you meet the above criteria, then you can apply for UGC net exam.
30th April 2022, 06:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having managed less than 54.80% marks (i.e; less than 55% marks) in postgraduation degree course and belonging to general category, you are not eligible to appear in the UGC NET as the minimum aggregate required in postgraduation degree course to appear in UGC NET is 55% which is relaxable to 50% in case of reserved category candidates.

For more details and updates regarding UGC NET, you can refer to the link https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
30th April 2022, 07:38 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET Economics with 54.8% in MA Economics.

The minimum eligibility criteria required are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie under 28 years for JRF while there is no age limit for recruitment as a assistant professor. Age relaxation is available in the case of reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your master's in concerned paper with at least 55% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST or PH category candidates.

For more information, you can visit their official website.
30th April 2022, 07:45 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET Examination in Economics with 54.8% in M.A Economics holder. Generally there is a certain educational qualification required to join UGC NET.

>> Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree in concerned discipline with minimum 55% marks (50% marks for reserved category candidates) from a recognized board.

For more information, you can visit their official website
30th April 2022, 08:20 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to appear in this UGC NET economic examination as the minimum qualification required is masters degree in concerned stream from recognised university or college and the minimum percentage required is 55% marks in post graduation and as you have scored less than what is required so I can say that you are not eligible for this examination.
However, those candidate who belong to reserved categories such as scheduled cast/Scheduled Tribe and OBC are eligible if they have minimum percentage of 50%.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.ugc.ac.in
30th April 2022, 09:04 PM
periwinkle09876

No, you are not eligible to apply for UGC NET in Economics with just 54.8% in MA ( Economics) because the minimum percentage required to apply for UGC NET in Economics is 55% however, if you belong to reserved category then you will get relaxation of 5% and then you can apply.
1st May 2022, 10:53 AM
Naresh199

A management graduate can apply for NET in management, economics, commerce, labor welfare and industry relation subjects.
5th May 2022, 09:00 PM
Naresh199

Yes. A management graduate can apply for NET in management, economics, commerce, labor welfare and industry relation subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?