3rd October 2012, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?

is a final year engineering student can attend IES exam

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of BE course?
  3. Which Exam should I attend to pursue Ph.D being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc?
  4. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  5. Can I attend IES Exam being a candidate of 2nd year Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to attend the CWE exam while pursuing final year B.E?
  7. Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?
  8. Best Coaching Institutes for IES Exam in Delhi? Can I appear for this year IES Exam pursuing final year of BE in EEE?
  9. What is the eligibility for RRB exam? I am a final year candidate pursuing B.Tech in electrical engineering -- [New]
  10. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Can I appear for IES and PSU Exams being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  12. How many times IES examination is conducted every year ? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Eligibility criteria required to attend Group I and Group II exam?
  14. Can I attend SI selection after pursuing degree final year
  15. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  16. Which Job is suitable for me being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering and not having good subject knowledge?
  17. How to take IES coaching in Hyderabad after pursuing B.Tech final year?
  18. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
4th October 2012, 06:31 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes , you can attend for IES Exam being a final year candidate .

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year . Next announcement will be publish in the month of March in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news papers . Minimum Qualification to attend for this examination is that candidate having the engineering degree from a recognized University .

If you are having the engineering degree course then definitely you are eligible to apply for IES Examination . IES Examination is conducted for recruitment of Civil , Mechanical , Electrical , Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering . Let see the eligibility criteria for this examination .

Education Qualification ::

Engineering from a recognized University and having the degree in above mentioned subjects . If you are not having then opt any one of the subjects followings then only you are eligible to apply for IES Examination . Those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination but pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply for this examination .

Age limits ::

You must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination and Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories . 3 years for OBC , 5 years for SC/ST , 5 years for Ex-Servicemen .

Books for IES Exam ::

IES - 2013 Civil Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers
by B. Singh
Publisher: Made Easy Publications
Price: Rs. 400

UPSC IES Engineering Services Examination Electrical Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 595

Introduction: IES Electrical Engineering
by Trump, Gates, Prashant Kumar Bharti
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 275

IES-2013 E&T Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers
by Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications
Price: Rs. 550

Official Website :: www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 09:09 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?

Yes, you can apply for IES exam being a candidate of final year Engineering course.

IES - INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC once every year for selection of young engineers in the top technical post under various Central Govt. Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Engineering Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate from any stream can apply for IES but they have to write IES in any one stream out of Electrical/Mechanical/Civil/Electronics and Telecommunications branch.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 10:42 AM
Bhojrajjangid

Arrow Re: Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?

Yes, a final year engineering student is eligible to apply for IES exam.

- IES stands for Indian Engineering Service exam.

- This exam is conducted by UPSC once every year.

- Only engineering graduates are eligible to apply for this exam.

- Age limit on 1st August of notification year: 21 to 30 years.

- The next notification will be publish in the month of March, 2013.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 11:37 AM
violent viper

yes of course my friend....

UPSC gives notification to conduct Engineering Services – examination to fill up the GROUP A category posts like Assistant Executive Engineers, Assistant Engineers in different departments at national level precisely under central government.

Engineering Graduates are eligible for these posts.

The exam is conducted in the different streams of engineering namely Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil Engineering.

Subsequently, the selected candidates are posted in the Department of Railways, Central water, Central Engineering, Military Engineering, Department of Telecom, Indian Ordnance Factories, Geological Survey of India and many others.

Education Qualification ::

Engineering from a recognized University and having the degree in above mentioned subjects . If you are not having then opt any one of the subjects followings then only you are eligible to apply for IES Examination . Those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination but pre-final year of degree may not eligible to apply for this examination .

Age limits ::

You must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years as on 1st August of the year of examination and Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories . 3 years for OBC , 5 years for SC/ST , 5 years for Ex-Servicemen .

Here with i have attached the IES exam pattern

Make use of it...

My best wishes..

4th October 2012, 11:44 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Being a final year engineering candidate your eligible for the IES examinations.

IES stands for the Indian Engineering services.The examination for this service is organised by UPSC every year.this year examinations has been oraganised.The important dates regarding 2013 IES examinations are :

~~Date of notification: 16/03/2013

~~Last date of receiving application: 15/04/2013.

~~Date of examination: 28/06/2013.

Eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in engineering is the minimum educational qualification needed for it.Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

You have select the select the subjects from the four stream only that are :

1.civil engineering

2.mechanical engineering

3.Electrical engineering

4.Electronics and telecommunication engineering.

Information regarding no of attempts and age criteria.

>>General candidate : 21-30 years with maximum four attempts

>>OBC: 21-33 years with maximum seven attempts

>>SC/ST: 21-35 years with no limit of attempts.They can attempts all exam that fall within their age limit.

Examination paper pattern:

Note: You can visit www.upsconline.nic.in for applying online for this exam.

Hope the information helps you.

All the best

aashisranjan784
4th October 2012, 12:20 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?

Quote:
Dear,

Eligibility criteria for IES exam are as follows:
  1. Candidates must have Engineering degree ( BE/Btech) from a recognized
    university or equivalent.
  2. Those students appearing for final semester exam are also allowed to appear for this subjected to them submitting the degree certificates at the time of recruitment.
  3. Candidates who have qualified MSc degree or equivalent in areas like Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio.
  4. Applicants should be of age group 21 to 30.

So you are eligible to write IES!

Since IES is a very tough exam due to its vast syllabus and level of questions asked. Pattern of this exam is as follows:

Written Test

Paper I (Objective type) - General Ability Test
(Part A: General English)
(Part B: General Studies)
200 Marks each

Papers II & III (Objective type)
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
200 Marks each

Papers IV & V (Descriptive)
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering
200 Marks each

Personality Test
Personality test is the personal interview conducted by UPSC.It is also of 200 marks.

Personality test is conducted when you will qualify written exam for it.

IES is the best way by which you can get government jobs in following categories:
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering and Electronics
Tele Communication Engineering.

You should start your preparation as soon as possible. Self studyi very important but since its syllabus is very vast you need a good coaching to guide you for planning and managing yur studies. You can join following coahing centers:
  1. vidyamandir
  2. Brilliant tutorials
  3. made easy....etc

ALL THE BEST!
20th April 2013, 11:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

Those candidate have completed engineering degree with below given department are applicable for IES exam-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

OR

If you have completed in M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

If you are from above mentioned department then you are applicable for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Pattern for IES Exam:-

Best Books for IES Exam

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Electrical Engineering (Paper 1 & 2)
Author: Trump & Gates & Prashant Kumar Bharti

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2011-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Electronics & Telecommuincation (Paper-1 & 2)
Author: Manish Purbey

IES-2012-Civil Engineering Paper - II PB
by Made Easy
Publisher: Made Easy Publications - New Delhi

IES Mechanical Engineering Objective Paper-1 & 2
by Trump Gates, Vaibhav Jain
Publisher: Arihant Publications

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam so please check it out.

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FULL SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM.pdf(37.5 KB, 54 views)
21st April 2013, 04:20 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Yes, you can attend for IES examination being a final year contenders of Engineering course.

IES examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in anyone of these Engineering disciplines(B.E./B.Tech) from any recognized university:-

a) Civil Engineering.
b) Mechanical Engineering.
c) Electrical Engineering.
d) Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

* Completion of post-graduation in anyone of these disciplines Wireless Communication/Radio Engineering/Radio Physics/Electronics from any recognized university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.
21st April 2013, 07:48 PM
Chopra99

Smile Re: Can I attend for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of Engineering course?

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for the IES exam if you are a final year engineering student.

Here is the eligibility criteria
IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

How to Apply : UPSC applications are available for Rs. 20/- at notified post offices all over the country. Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) through central Recruitment Fee Stamp only shall be attached. There is a fee exemption for SC/ST/Female/PH candidates. Please mark exam code as ENGG and not as IES. IES means Indian Economic service. Be careful in this aspect.

Last date for application : Usually in the first week of March in year of conduct of examination (offline)

Applications can be made online also. For details refer website www.upsc.gov.in

Date of examination : Commences from usually in the last weeks of June in the year of conduct of examination

Gud luck for the exam
21st April 2013, 08:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you in final year of Engineering and expecting your result on time then you can apply for Engineering Services Examination.

Only few Engineering disciplines are eligible to apply for this examination.

-Civil Engineering

-Mechanical Engineering

-Electrical Engineering

-Electronics and Communication Engineering

So if you are from any of the above discipline then only you will be eligible for the Engineering services Examination.

There will be one date mentioned in the notification and you have to complete your Graduation before that then only you will be eligible for the exam.

The age required for a General category candidate is 21 to 30 years.

5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category is available.

The selection will be purely based on the written examination and interview. Written examination will have questions from your field of study so revise whatever you have studied in the Graduation.

For more information please download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engineering services exam.pdf(86.2 KB, 56 views)
22nd April 2013, 05:08 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Exactly, you can attend for IES exam being a candidate pursuing final year of engineering course.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in anyone of these engineering curricula from any approved institution:-

1. Mechanical Engineering.
2. Civil Engineering.
3. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
4. Electrical Engineering.

# Candidates of last year of bachelor degree are also preferable for this exam.

The age criteria and relaxation regarding with Indian Engineering Services exam are below mentioned:-

# 21-30 years.

# Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years relaxation are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.
22nd April 2013, 07:24 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indian Engineering Service is a reputed entrance exam for Engineers conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. A very tough entrance exam, IES is considered as one of the toughest in the world.

The IES is conducted to fill up the vacancies in various government departments. These departments have different expertise like road construction, dams, defence manufacturing, brige construction and even rail construction.

These departments play major role in defence sector as well connectivity across the country. For these departments Union Public Service Commission conducts the Indian Engineering Service Exam.

The IES entrance exam is very much soughted by the Engineering graduates. Coming to your question, there is a provision which allows even final year Engineering students to appear for it.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian.

2. B.Tech must be completed from recognized college.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Eligible candidate should be 21 to 30 years old.

5. Three years of upper age limit relaxation is applicable for OBC.

6. Five years of relaxation is offered to SC/ST.

7. Final year B.Tech/B.E. students are also eligible to apply.
23rd April 2013, 09:32 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Hello Dear Dude ....

I.E.S --- INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES

Yeah

Final year candidates are eligible to apply for the IES exam

The following stream candidates are eligible to apply for it

<> Mechanical Engineering

<> Civil engineering

<> Electrical Engineering

<> Electronics and Telecommunication engineering

So the candidate must have a minimum of Graduation

You must have a minimum of 21 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

There will be an Age relaxation for the reserved candidates

VERY GOOD LUCK
23rd April 2013, 03:34 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification:

You should pass the Graduation in Engineering from any recognized University with any stream.

Engineering Courses are

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Candidate not required the percentage for this exam.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

Age limit:

The candidate minimum age limit is above 21 years.

Candidate maximum age limit is below 30 years.

Relaxation:

3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC\ST Candidates.

10 years relaxation for PWD Candidates.

Nationality:

Candidate should be origin of India.

Both male & Female Candidates are eligible to become IPS Officer.

No of Attempts:

4 for General Candidates.

7 for OBC Candidates.

No limit for SC\ST Candidates.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

Exam Pattern:

All the best...........
24th April 2013, 04:35 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Yes,Final year students of B.Tech course can also apply for IES exam.The Indian Engineering Service exam is only open for Engineering candidates who have graduated in one of the four following streams of the B.Tech.

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering.

Electronics and Communication Engineering.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Educational Qualifications:

The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering from any recognized university.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

Age criteria:-

The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30years,

3 years age relaxation for the OBC,

5years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection Process:

Civil Service Aptitude Test

Main Exam

Interview

all the best.........
25th April 2013, 12:16 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service

This exam is conducted for candidate to join in Indian Engineering Organization and for joining in it with being a Final Year Engineering candidate is eligible.

But there is a Exception and it is that the education qualification for the IES Exam is that the candidate must have completed a B.E degree in departments such as:

> CIVIL Engineering

> MECHANICAL Engineering

> ELECTRICAL Engineering

> ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATION Engineering.

If you have completed in these departments then you are eligible as per the education qualification needed.

There are certain other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied along with the Education qualification and they are:

~ Nationality:

Candidate appearing for the exam must have a Nationality in India

~ Age Limit

Candidate appearing for the exam must have a age limit of 21-30 years of age

There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidate

You need to satisfy all these in order to be eligible for applying for the IES Exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?