24th June 2018, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I become an Astronaut through BTech(Aeronautical Engineering) course?

Hi, I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. I am a creamy student and scored 97% marks in my 10th CBSE. I want to become an Astronaut. So, I am planning to study BTech course with the specialization of Aeronautical Engineering. I would like to know that through this course, I can become an Astronaut?

25th June 2018, 06:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Astronaut through BTech(Aeronautical Engineering) course?

To become Astronaut you have to join with any of organisation comited in space research. Although you can join ISRO and try to go in space some day in as a mission. Well I must say that this also depends on your commitment and ability to impress director of the organisation to relay on you. Also it depends on government funding.
25th June 2018, 11:19 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an Astronaut through BTech(Aeronautical Engineering) course?

B.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering is an undergraduate Aerospace engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to become an Astronaut through B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) course.

BEST PLACE FOR YOU

=> Bearys Institute of Technology - BIT, Mangalore

=> Flytech Aviation Academy - FAA, Secunderabad

=> Maharshi Dayanand University - MDU, Rohtak
26th June 2018, 03:21 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become Astronaut after studying B.Tech in aeronautical engineering.

The basic eligibility required for becoming Astronaut are given below:

- The candidate should have studied any bachelor's level degree in engineering, biological science, physics, chemistry, mathematics or its related subjects from any recognized university.
- The degree which you have choose should be of 3 years.
- The candidate should be physically fit and mentally fit.

If you meet the requirements you can apply for the NASA selection test and qualify in it. So that you'll be given astronaut training and can become Astronaut.

For more details visit the official website of NASA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?