5th January 2013, 01:24 PM
deeksha sarpaul

Can I become a direct officer like Captain, Subedar after completing B.A?

can i become a direct officer like captain , subedar etc after completing ba

2nd May 2015, 10:10 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a direct officer like Captain, Subedar after completing B.A?

Yes you are eligible to be a officer in the Indian Army after your graduation . But you have to qualify the entrance examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year which is known as CDS . The examination offers officer's post in all the wings of Defence . But being a B.A student you are only eligible for the IMA and OTA .

The eligibility criteria for the candidates are :-

* Candidates must have passed the graduation from a recognised university . There is limitations on discipline for different wings:-
* IMA - Graduation may be in any discipline but the age of candidates must be between 19-24 years .
* OTA - Graduation must be in any discipline . Age of candidates must be between 19-25 years .
* IAF - Graduation must be in the Physics or Mathematics or B.tech candidates in any stream. Age of candidates must be 19-23 years .
* Navy - Graduation in Physics or Mathematics or B.tech in any discipline. Candidates age must be 19-22 years .

The candidates then have to go through the written examination . After qualifying in the written you are called for the SSB .

Candidates selected in the SSB are given training and after that they are joined in Indian Army as an officer .

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?