29th October 2018, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a Pilot being a 27 years old female candidate?

Hello, I am 27 years old girl and wants to become a Pilot. I did BTech and MTech, and doing a job right now. Is their any way by which I can become a Pilot or get a flying licence from any Government flying school? As I am not able to pay the private institution fees.

15th April 2023, 08:31 PM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Can I become a Pilot being a 27 years old female candidate?

Yes, you can definitely become a pilot even if you have completed your BTech and MTech degrees. There are government flying schools that offer affordable pilot training programs.
Here's what you need to do:
  • Check the Eligibility Criteria: To become a pilot, you need to meet certain eligibility criteria such as age limit, educational qualification, and medical fitness. The age limit for becoming a commercial pilot in India is between 17 and 35 years of age. You must have passed your class 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects, and also have a valid Class I Medical Fitness Certificate issued by the DGCA approved medical examiner.
  • Choose a Flying School: There are several government flying schools in India that offer affordable pilot training programs. Some of these include Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy (IGRUA), National Flying Training Institute (NFTI), and Rajiv Gandhi Academy for Aviation Technology (RAGAAT).
  • Apply for Admissions: Once you have chosen a flying school, you can apply for admission to their pilot training program. The admission process may vary depending on the institution, but typically requires you to submit an application form along with the necessary documents such as educational certificates, age proof, and medical fitness certificate.
  • Complete the Training Program: After you have been admitted to the pilot training program, you will need to complete the required number of flight hours and pass the exams to obtain your pilot license.
  • Get a Job: Once you have obtained your pilot license, you can start applying for jobs with airlines or other aviation companies.
It's important to note that pilot training can be expensive, but there are several scholarship opportunities available. You can check with the flying schools or the Ministry of Civil Aviation for scholarship opportunities for aspiring pilots.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?