12th April 2018, 08:56 AM
praveenk0701

Can I become a Police Officer with BCom(H) Degree?

Respected Sir, I want to become a Police Officer. But I have heard that Arts students can easily become a Police Officer. I am a Commerce student and I will do BCom(H) after completing my 12th. So, with BCom I can become Police Officer?

14th April 2018, 08:45 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Police Officer with BCom(H) Degree?

Yes, you are eligible to become a Police officer after completion of your B.Com (H) course. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for police jobs. You have to appear in Police examinations like IPS, SI, etc., by applying for the post when the notification is released. If you clear all the rounds of the recruitment process then, you will be selected as a Police officer.
14th April 2018, 02:22 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Sure, B.Com graduates can become Police Officers.Check below procedure to become a police officer.

>>At first, complete your graduation and apply for civil service examinations like UPSC , WBCS etc. and SSC examination. Your age must be between 21 to 30 years. Age relaxation as per the Government rules.
>>If you will able to secure a good rank in the written examinations to be shortlisted for the interview round, you have to attend the interview in the concerned dates.
>>Then, if your performance remains well in the interview also, you will be definitely selected as a Police officer.
14th April 2018, 06:07 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as Police officer ( I.P.S, SI etc..) the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, you need to prepare for entrance examination and after qualifying for all stages of entrance examination will become eligible for recruitment as an officer.

For selection as an I.P.S you have to qualify for Civil Service examination and for selection as SI you have to qualify for SSC examination.
14th April 2018, 06:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become a police officer with BCom Degree:-

Police Officer eligibility criteria:-

Candidate must be Indian citizen incitizen.

Candidate must be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised University.

Candidates age limit between 20 to 27 years.

Age relaxation candidates as per government rules, 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC / ST candidates.

Selection Process:-

Written Test

Physical Test and Medical Test.
14th April 2018, 06:53 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become Police Officer:-

You should be a citizen of India.

You should complete the graduation for any recognised University.

Your age limit should be between 20 to 27 years.

The upper age relaxation is applicable for the other categories.

3 years age relaxation for the OBC and 5 years age relaxation for SC / ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Written Test

Medical Test

Physical Test.
14th April 2018, 07:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It is not so. Do not become gullible. These are just rumors which demotivates candidates who want to achieve big. All stream candidates have equal chances of becoming Police Officer.

The criteria for Indian Police Services is as below:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream is the minimum qualification required for this examination. So, there is specific advantage for any stream in particular.

2. Age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.

You should have determination and dedication along with hard and smart study to clear this exam in first attempt.
14th April 2018, 09:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become a Police Officer then yes you should possess a degree. You can become police officer such as IPS after getting qualified in civil services examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
In order to appear in this examination, a candidate must have graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks and after that they can appear in this examination. The examination consists of preliminary examination, Mains examination and interview. In order to become IPS you have to secure a very good rank.
14th April 2018, 10:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are also eligible to apply for Police Department job after pursuing graduation from Commerce stream also.
No any criteria given that only Arts graduate candidates are eligible.
Candidate age should be under- 21 years to 34 years.
Minimum marks should be- 50 percent.
15th April 2018, 12:54 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S ( Indian Police Service ) recruitment is made after qualifying for all three stages of Civil Service examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

No limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination. Candidates from Arts, commerce, science, law, medical etc are eligible to appear for examination but are eligible for recruitment only after qualifying for all stages.

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2018, 09:43 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become a Police Officer with BCom(H) Degree.

BEST ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS

=> Central Police Force (Armed) Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

=> Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission to join Police Department.

=> State Level examination conducted by police recruitment board or public service commission of the respective states.
15th April 2018, 10:24 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The procedure to qualify for Civil Service Examination is same for candidates pursuing degree in any stream.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and so you have to qualify for each stages of examination for final recruitment.

To get more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2018, 12:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates from any stream can become Police Officer. Commerce stream candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination to join Indian Police Services and become IPS officer.

The academic qualification required for this examination is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The age limit is 21-32 years. You can wait for notification of next year exam.
15th April 2018, 01:55 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can become Police officer with Bachelor of Commerce degree.

There are different exam for different posts like:

Sub Inspector exam for SI in Police.

Civil Services exam for IPS officer as Assistant Superintendent of Police.

You can apply for both exams after Bachelor of Commerce. You should be minimum of 21 years for Civil Services exam.
26th July 2022, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

BFM course mdhun graduation kelya nantar police Banu shakto ka?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?