1st June 2018, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a Software Engineer through BSc(IT) course?

Hi everyone, I want to become a Software Engineer. I am studying BSc with Information Technology. So, after completing my BSc(IT) I can become a Software Engineer or not? Kindly tell me about this as soon as possible.

10th June 2018, 11:32 PM
perthc

Default Re: Can I become a Software Engineer through BSc(IT) course?

Hi,

If you study BTech or BE then professionally you can be called as Engineer.
But apart from that you can study BCA or B.Sc (IT) in order to be in Computer or Information Technology related field.

Now Software Engineer is a post where candidates having qualifications like BTech/BE or BCA or B.Sc(IT) can apply for. Normally BTechs are preferred more in this role.After which comes BCA and then B.Sc(IT).

BCA is much more professional degree course compared to B.Sc(IT) and hence they are given more chances by IT companies like WIPRO,TCS,Cognizant,etc.

It will be better if you pursue your Master degree in MCA( Master in Computer Application) after completing BSc(IT) degree.

This is because MCA is seen equivalent to B.Tech and sometimes more than it to an extent. After which getting a job in IT companies in role of Software Developer or Tester or Admin you can be called as Software Engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?