20th February 2016, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a teacher without a B.Ed and PG qualification?

Hi i am Priyasha Rathfrom Odisha, I have Graduated in Bcom with accountancy Hons. with 55.8% and the aggregate is 51.38%. I do not have a BEd certifcation. Am I eligible to become an English Teacher.

15th June 2016, 11:20 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a teacher without a B.Ed and PG qualification?

Having completed your Bachelor of Commerce degree course and looking for being a teacher without having B.Ed or P.G. qualification you are eligible for becoming teacher for Classes I to Class V.

Also to be a teacher in any government school you will have to clear entrance examination like CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) and STET ( State Teacher Eligibility Test ).

CTET is held by CBSE for appointment of teachers in the government schools funded by Central Government where as STET are held for appointment of teachers in the government schools funded by State Governments.

For more details and updates about CTET you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in where as for STET you can refer to the official link of respective state board of education.
22nd September 2018, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become a teacher without a B.Ed and PG qualification?

Is PG and B.ED cumpolsary for becoming a teacher of 11-12th class in maths and i have done bsc maths hons?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?