25th June 2023, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I change from EE department to CS department

I got a seat in ramanthapur in EE department but i want to study CS in masubtank .. can change it.. is there any choice

27th June 2023, 03:23 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change from EE department to CS department

Candidates can change EE department to CS department.

But CS department generally offers a higher salary and a better job.
27th June 2023, 06:35 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change from EE department to CS department.
You will need to meet the following requirements to change departments:

Have a minimum GPA:-
Most universities and colleges require you to have a minimum GPA in order to change departments. The GPA requirement will vary from school to school

Complete certain prerequisites:-
In some cases, you may need to complete certain prerequisites in order to change departments.
For example, you may need to complete certain math or computer science courses before you can be admitted to the CS department.

Apply for a change of major:-
Once you have met the requirements, you will need to apply for a change of major. The application process will vary from school to school, so you will need to check with your specific school to see what the process is.

If you are considering changing from EE department to CS department, I recommend that you talk to your academic advisor. Your advisor can help you assess your eligibility and discuss the process with you.
27th June 2023, 08:21 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you can for sure. But do take CSE or IT paper in your GATE exam after passing out from Btech. There is no problem then if you opt for CSE/IT in GATE.
28th June 2023, 01:53 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I change from EE department to CS department?

Yes, it is possible to change from the Electrical Engineering (EE) department to the Computer Science (CS) department, but the process and feasibility may vary depending on the specific policies and regulations of the educational institution you are attending. Here are some general points to consider:

1. Internal Transfer,

2. Prerequisite Courses,

3. GPA and Academic Performance.
28th June 2023, 04:53 AM
Msdhoni02

The possibility of changing from the Electrical Engineering (EE) department to the Computer Science (CS) department depends on several factors, including the policies and regulations of your educational institution.

1. Check with Your Institution,

2. Academic Requirements,

3. Consult with Advisors.
29th June 2023, 12:54 PM
akpali1

first of all go to offical website of the unversity in which you take addmision ,if they allowed so you can easily change a stream otherwise no other option
29th June 2023, 08:41 PM
Shantanubose22

Yes. You can do it. You will need knowledge of digital design (which almost all EEs have), computer architecture (again almost all EEs do some courses on microcontrollers and microprocessors).
30th June 2023, 08:20 AM
Chandanguriya
Banned

The possibility of changing your seat from one department to another within the same institution depends on the policies and regulations of the specific college or university you are referring to. Here are some general points to consider:

1. Internal Transfer Policy: Check the internal transfer policy of the institution to understand if they allow students to change their departments or majors. Some institutions may have specific guidelines and criteria for internal transfers, while others may not permit it at all.

2. Seat Availability: Even if internal transfers are allowed, there must be available seats in the Computer Science (CS) department for you to make the switch. The availability of seats may vary based on the number of vacant positions and the demand for transfers within the institution.

3. Academic Requirements: Institutions usually have certain academic requirements that need to be fulfilled for internal transfers. This could include maintaining a minimum GPA, completing specific coursework, or meeting other prerequisites set by the CS department.

4. Application Process: If the institution permits internal transfers and you meet the eligibility criteria, you may need to follow a formal application process. This may involve submitting an application form, providing supporting documents, and attending an interview or meeting with the concerned department or administration.

5. Timelines and Deadlines: Be aware of any timelines or deadlines set by the institution for internal transfers. It's important to adhere to these timelines to ensure that your request is considered and processed in a timely manner.

It is recommended to contact the administration or the relevant department of the institution directly to inquire about the possibility of changing your department from Electrical Engineering (EE) to Computer Science (CS). They will provide you with accurate and up-to-date information regarding the internal transfer policies, seat availability, and the application process specific to your institution.

Remember that each institution has its own rules and regulations, so the feasibility of transferring to the CS department will depend on the policies of the college or university you are currently enrolled in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?