3rd February 2011, 12:30 PM
akshay oberoi

Can I do B.Tech after scoring 72% in 10th?

I am a student of 10+2(PCM). I want to do B.Tech (IT). I am an average student and got 72% marks in 10 th class. Kindly advise

Akshay

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to get a job at TCS after scoring 64% in B.Tech, 58% in 12th and 77% in 10th
  2. Can I apply for PSU's after scoring 73% in 10th, 64% in 12th and 63% in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. For which software companies am I eligible after scoring 86.2% in 10th, 76% in 12th and 60.67% in B.Tech?
  4. Is it possible to get placed in a top company after scoring 64.9 in B.Tech and 90+ in both inter and 10th?
  5. Can I be eligible for a job in IBM company after scoring 63% in 10th and 68% in Intermediate
  6. What to do after scoring less percentage in 10th and 12th?
  7. Am I eligible for a job after scoring 55% in 10th, 77% in diploma and 92% in B.Tech?
  8. Am I eligible to get hired in IT company after scoring 58% in 10th, 75% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech
  9. Am I eligible to appear for PSU after scoring 52% in 10th, 47% in 12th, 60% in B.Tech?
  10. Can I get a job in TCS, WIPRO, Infosys after scoring 81% in 10th, 59.2% in 12th and 75% till 4th semester in B.Tech?
  11. After scoring 54% and 56% in 10th and 12th which exam form should I fill?
  12. Am i eligible for MNC after scoring 55% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 66% in B.Tech -- [New]
  13. Eligibility criteria and placement procedure for a job in Microsoft GTSC Bangalore
  14. Which are the companies for which I am eligible after scoring 76% in 10th, 57% in 12th
  15. Opportunities available to get a job in Infosys after scoring 57.6% in 10th, 62.6% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?
  16. Can I appear for PSU after scoring 52% in 10th, 47% in 12th and 60% in B.Tech?
  17. Will I be able to sit in campus placement for Infosys, Wipro, Accenture or TCS after scoring 64% in 10th, 68% marks in 12th and 80% in B.Tech?
  18. Can I get a job in NTPC, IOCL, BEL after scoring 60.2% in B.Tech ECE, 49.6% in 12th and 55.5% in 10th?
2nd August 2011, 12:24 PM
umesh_best22
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech after scoring 72% in 10th?

If u want to get admission in B.tech specially in a IT. Then, u have to score good in AIEEE,IIT. You shold score more than 100 then u could get an average college.If u score more than 150. Then u could get good college for u. Try preparing yourself for AIEEE, IIT or other entrance tests for B.tech. Thanks
2nd August 2011, 03:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay oberoi View Post
I am a student of 10+2(PCM). I want to do B.Tech (IT). I am an average student and got 72% marks in 10 th class. Kindly advise

Akshay
B.tech is the 4 year Under Graduate Engineering Course And to get admission in this course you need to complete your 12Th examination With PCM.

Candidates also Scored Minimum 50% Marks in your 12Th examination.

But the Admission in this course are Based on Entrance Test (AIEEE and IIT).

To apply for AIEEE Examination, You need to scored Minimum 50% marks in Physics & Mathematics as a compulsory subjects and Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Computer Science/ Biology any one of the Optional Subjects.

Final year Appearing Candidates are also Apply for AIEEE Examination as Provisional Basis.

But to Apply for IIT JEE examination, you need to scored minimum 60% Marks in your 12Th examination (PCM) Subjects. So, If you have completed your 12Th examination OR appearing the 12Th examination, then you are eligible to apply for this examination, But after 10Th You are Not eligible to apply for B.tech Course.
2nd August 2011, 03:59 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for b.tech since you fulfill all the required eligibility criteria.

The eligibility criteria for B.tech :

Students from the science stream at +2 level (XI and XII) are eligible for the Bachelor of Engineering course. Age Limit is 17.

So you are eligible....but that is not enough.

Students are admitted on the basis of std XII marks or State-Commom Entrance Test (CET) like WBJEE, MHT CET etc. or all India entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE....

So I hope that you have already prepared for those exams, because after completing 12th exam, you have to sit for those entrance exams....

All the best.........
2nd August 2011, 04:10 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:

Akshay
NO, you can't do it after 12th. you must need to clear 10+2 to get admission in B.tech
2nd August 2011, 05:11 PM
subham7772

Yes, you can do B.Tech after scoring 72% marks in 10th. But before that you have to complete your 12th class or you have to complete your diploma course. After then you are eligible to do B.tech.

For getting admission in Very good institution you have give and qualify IIT JEE and AIEEE Entrance Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech:-

1. Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2009, 2010 or appearing in 10+2 examination in 2011 are only eligible to apply for B.Tech (4 years), B.Tech & M.Tech- Dual Degree (5 years), B.Tech & MBA- Dual Degree (5years) course of the University.

2. Should have studied in regular full time formal education in their schooling / college.

3. Pass in 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.

4. B.Tech & M.Tech.(Dual Degree) Biotechnology. Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology taken together.

5. Should have born on or after 01.07.1990.

Thank You
2nd August 2011, 05:12 PM
subham7772

Yes, you can do B.Tech after scoring 72% marks in 10th. But before that you have to complete your 12th class or you have to complete your diploma course. After then you are eligible to do B.tech.

For getting admission in Very good institution you have give and qualify IIT JEE and AIEEE Entrance Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech:-

1. Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2009, 2010 or appearing in 10+2 examination in 2011 are only eligible to apply for B.Tech (4 years), B.Tech & M.Tech- Dual Degree (5 years), B.Tech & MBA- Dual Degree (5years) course of the University.

2. Should have studied in regular full time formal education in their schooling / college.

3. Pass in 10 +2 or its equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together.

4. B.Tech & M.Tech.(Dual Degree) Biotechnology. Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology taken together.

5. Should have born on or after 01.07.1990.

Thank You
2nd August 2011, 05:30 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Sorry to say but you can not do Btech just after passing class 10th as Btech is the under graduate degree and to be eligible for it you must have passed class 12th .But since here we are talking about the Btech so you must have passed your class 12th with physics,maths and chemistry as a compulsory subjects .

Btech is a 4 year under graduate courses and it is for those students who wants to become engineer .You can pursue this course in different streams.Some of the best streams are ::

Information technology
Computer science engineering
Electrical engineering
Mechanical
Electronics and telecommunication
Civil engineering

To do Btech the best colleges are IIT's and NIT''s and to get admission in these colleges you should have got taken IIT JEE and AIEEE exams which is conducted in the national level.

So from now onward you can prepare for the exam as many students have already started preparing for the exam.You can join coaching centers near you to prepare for the exam.
2nd August 2011, 05:42 PM
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can I do B.Tech after scoring 72% in 10th?

Quote:

Akshay
Master Akshay,

I guess You will have Already Completed your 10+1 by now, And hope you Fared Pretty well in it.
# So, Coming to your quiery, Its good that you already have a certain clear picture regarding your career since you have opted for IT branch.

# As my pal Rahul as already mentioned, Its enough if you have those eligibilities(For entering into IIT/AIEEE). And Remember, your 10th or 12th marks do not count in these exams.

# What matters is your score in these exams. And its high time you start Preparing for these Competitive exams "Now".

# You can have a glimpse of the counselling procedures happening around in AIEEE so that you get a clear picture on how much amount of hard-work you will have to Put in. Check it out here: www.ccb.nic.in

# Moreover, My Personal Opinion would that you try out for CSE rather than IT. CS has got much more benifits than IT, But again its all upto you.
Wishing you Good Luck!!

Regards,

Nik
2nd August 2011, 05:46 PM
aroy8091

72% in 10th is very much eligible don't worry but apart from that you must complete your 12th with PCM and amin 50% of marks and after that give yhe entrance for IIT,AIEEE or any of you state level entrance exam.
2nd August 2011, 05:47 PM
saurav9889

friend nowa days to sit for iitjee u are required to obtain min. 60% marks so it is definite that u should atleast get more than 60% in your +2 exams. for bitsat the cutoff is 80% in your +2 also your 10th marks are not so imp when applying for engg. entrance exam. also u should prepare well for the entrance exam because a good rank will fetch u a seat in a good engg. college and vice versa so best of luck!
2nd August 2011, 06:25 PM
gayatrikarnewar

Smile Re: Can I do B.Tech after scoring 72% in 10th?

Quote:

Akshay
Hi, As you are a 12th student and want to do B.Tech. its nice. The percentage of 10th doesnt matter, you are on right track.

But for addmission in B.Tech you have to pass the entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT JEE, MHT CET etc. And for appearing this exam you have some basic elligibility

AIEEE eligibity
B.E/B.TECH* Compulsory subject: Physics & Mathematics Chemistry
Optional subjects: Bio-technology Computer Science Biology
B.ARCH/B. PLANNING** Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level

IIT JEE

must secure at least 55% marks in exam

In one of these exams you have to score good.

After that exams you would got addmission in one of the good colleges through CAP. The tpo 10 colleges for B.Tech are as follows

1 IIT, Kharagpur
2 IIT, Kanpur
3 IIT, Bombay
4 IIT, Delhi
5 IIT, Madras
6 IIT, Roorkee
7 IT BHU, Varanasi
8 Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
9 IIT, Guwahati
10 College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai

Best Luck.
2nd August 2011, 06:31 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

First of all, 10th marks are not considered for admission anywhere in course of engineering.
Only your 12th marks are considered even that too only for eligibility only which are generally 60%.
There are various streams in Btech, which you will get to know gradually.
There are various institutes for Btech in engineering:
IITs, NITs, IIITs,BITS,DCE, VIT, NSIT etc.
Most of these conduct their own admission test and admission in NITS is done though AIEEE.
Since most of the students join coaching for entrance exams in 11th , so better you should also do, but its not necessary, but you should atleast join some test series so that you should get the idea about competition level.

Some good books for studying:
RD Sharma, Arihant Publications, Pradeep's, S chand, HC Verma, NCERT is enough for chemistry.
2nd August 2011, 06:43 PM
Harshita21

Quote:

Akshay
Yes you can an average student can be an engineer. 72% marks are enough.
when you enter in B.Tech then you realized that marks are of no importance 60% are enough to survive important is knowledge.
2nd August 2011, 11:22 PM
mic:

you need not to worry what you have got in 10th but you should take 12th with PCM and a min 50% of marks and after that give the entrance exam.
2nd August 2011, 11:27 PM
redhead

Most of the engineering colleges require that you should score at least 60% marks in 10+2 having Physics,Chemistry,Maths. You 10th standard does not not play any role in your admission to any engineering college.

If you want to take admission in a good engineering college, then you should start preparing for the IIT-JEE, AIEEE, state level engineering exams which are held every year. If you score good in the IIT-JEE, then you can get admission in the IITs which are the most reputed engineering colleges in India. By clearing AIEEE, you can get admission in the various NITs and various other colleges. The state level engineering exams provide you admissions to the various government and private engineering college which are there in your state.

Most of the engineering colleges require that you should score at least 60% marks in 10+2 having Physics,Chemistry,Maths. You 10th standard does not not play any role in your admission to any engineering college.

If you want to take admission in a good engineering college, then you should start preparing for the IIT-JEE, AIEEE, state level engineering exams which are held every year. If you score good in the IIT-JEE, then you can get admission in the IITs which are the most reputed engineering colleges in India. By clearing AIEEE, you can get admission in the various NITs and various other colleges. The state level engineering exams provide you admissions to the various government and private engineering college which are there in your state.
2nd August 2011, 11:32 PM
jyoti.sahoo

for doing B Tech, there are many colleges in the country.
Marks are not at all necessary for this purpose. But The rank in the entrance exam makes you eligible for taking admission. and you must be thorough and labourious to qualify in the merit list of the entrance exam.
2nd August 2011, 11:37 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I do B.Tech after scoring 72% in 10th?

No problem friend, Any score in 10th std would not create problem for
joining in college.Your score in 12th std will be a reason for entering into a good college and doing the course you expect.

I suggest you to start your preparation for entrance exams like IIT-JEE or AIEEE to get seats in top level engineering colleges of india. So that your 12th std marks also doesn't matter.
2nd August 2011, 11:39 PM
genius_911

firstly let me tell you that 72%is not such a bad marks. so don't judge yourself now.. first complete your 12th with physics, chemistry, maths as compulsory subjects if you want to take admission into b.tech.. for this you need to qualify exams like IIT-JEE ,AIEEE after completing 12th. IIT-JEE have only 2 attempts.. the requirment of marks to attempt the IIT-JEE is minimum 60% in PCM. and for AIEEE, it is 50%.. after getting a good rank, you will be eligible for undergraduate course i.e. b.tech. which is a 4 year course...
2nd August 2011, 11:52 PM
mri:

your 10th level marks does not make any difference in your scope to become an engineer. So if you planned to become an engineer then you must take PCM for 12th and then give
the possible entrance exam. best of luck .
3rd August 2011, 12:14 AM
suchiii

yes YOU can do Btech 72% marks in 10th..
mostly college have a 60% throughout criteria...
You can prepare for IIT ,AIEEE and various examination which are conducted for admission in Btech.
3rd August 2011, 01:00 AM
liquid

ofcourse you can do..
you can do even also if get at least 50% of marks
so go ahead
3rd August 2011, 01:29 AM
yeh_main_hoon

Befor i start let me clear your apprehension about your 10th marks. 72% is by no standard less. So cheer up my friend. For getting into BTech(IT or other branch) there is no minimum class 10 score. In Class 12th board you should score more than 45%. Now you should start preparing for AIEEE and other national level exams like WBJEE,IITJEE,etc. you can take coaching if you feel they are tough. But as long as you get a good score in these ntrance exams your 10th std marks are irrelevant.
Regards
3rd August 2011, 01:38 AM
anil krishna

hi, After your 10 th it is n't possible to do BTECH bec this is a proffesional course there ard having process to do. To do BTECH u need to complete u r +2 then u need to write IIT ,JEE,AIEEE. If u ard a andhra student u need to write Emacet for that ,so u complete ur +2 and then go to IIT and other exams to std the engg. Work hard you will get good rank and better college .All the best
3rd August 2011, 01:41 AM
sachin200792

You can do B.Tech. only after passing 12th board or passing equivalent exam by a recognized board or university.

If you want to do B.Tech. in IT then you can opt to get into IIT's or NIT's or some recognized private college running that course.

To get into IIT's you have to get through IIT JEE and to get into NIT's or DTU or NSIT or some other private college which give admission on the basis of AIEEE result you have to get through AIEEE exam conducted by CBSE board.

To get admission in IIT you need to qualify IIT JEE and also you need to get at least 60% marks in your 12th board examination.

Similarly, you need to get through AIEEE exam and more than 60% in PCM to gain admission in NIT's.

There are some private colleges also which gave admission directly on the basis of 12th board result or first come first serve basis.

So, you have many options. You can opt for any of them.
3rd August 2011, 03:21 AM
btcs11

yes you can do B.Tech.
your 10th score does not affect in your engineering admission. so dont worry.
to get admission in engineering the basic eligibility required is completion of your 12th with maths physics and chemistry subjects. these subjects are compulsory for getting admission in engineering. with these score you can apply for engineering.
you can also write entrance exams like IIT-JEE AIEEE etc for getting admission in top engineering colleges. you should get good score and good rank in these exms to join in course and college of your choice.
Gud luck
3rd August 2011, 04:11 AM
venu.linesensorarray

Friend,

Dont worry at all, because at 72%, you have a more than average chance for entry into a B.Tech programme.

Focus on your boards, IITJEE, AIEEE and state level engineering exam.

Cheers,
3rd August 2011, 08:02 AM
Badsha 001

Smile Re: Can I do B.Tech after scoring 72% in 10th?

Quote:

Akshay
Yes you can do B.Tech. you have to take science group (physics, chemistry, Math) in class 12. After then you hae to pass joint exam with 45% marks in average in PCM.
3rd August 2011, 08:47 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Hi, getting into engineering or technology is based on your 2 marks .your 10 marks doesn't included in it. You need to choose maths with physics and chemistry in your 11 standard. Minimum % required is 50 to write the entrance exam conducted by the state or the aieee exam
3rd August 2011, 10:29 AM
Lyk23

hi Akshay ,

* B.tech is 4 year Under Graduate Engineering Course and to get admission in this course you need to complete your 12Th examination With PCM.

* Candidates should Score Minimum 50% Marks in your 12Th examination.

* Admissions are Based on Entrance Test (AIEEE and IIT).

* To apply for AIEEE Examination, You need to scored Minimum 50% marks in Physics & Mathematics as a compulsory subjects.

* But to Apply for IIT JEE examination, you need to score minimum 60% Marks in your 12Th examination (PCM) Subjects. So, If you have completed your 12Th examination OR appearing the 12Th examination, then you are eligible to apply for this examination.

* But after 10Th You are Not eligible to apply for B.tech Course.

Good luck !
23rd January 2012, 11:14 PM
gamignimanojkumar

yes, u can .. u need 60% above in your intermediate level and before joining b.tech , improve u r communication and technical skills.
24th January 2012, 04:24 PM
tl.com

Hi,
As you are a 12th student and want to do B.Tech. its nice. The percentage of 10th doesnt matter, you are on right track.

But for addmission in B.Tech you have to pass the entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT JEE, MHT CET etc. And for appearing this exam you have some basic elligibility

AIEEE eligibity
B.E/B.TECH* Compulsory subject: Physics & Mathematics Chemistry
Optional subjects: Bio-technology Computer Science Biology
B.ARCH/B. PLANNING** Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level

IIT JEE

must secure at least 55% marks in exam

In one of these exams you have to score good.

After that exams you would got addmission in one of the good colleges through CAP. The tpo 10 colleges for B.Tech are as follows

1 IIT, Kharagpur
2 IIT, Kanpur
3 IIT, Bombay
4 IIT, Delhi
5 IIT, Madras
6 IIT, Roorkee
7 IT BHU, Varanasi
8 Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
9 IIT, Guwahati
10 College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai

best o luck and thanks
3rd May 2012, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

CAN I WILL GET ADMISSION IN ELECTRICAL&COMMUNICATION AFTER SCORING IN 12th 55% & 90 UP IN AIEEE IF I AM COMES FROM GEN. CATEGEROY .
9th June 2012, 07:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear Student,

As you had secured 72% in 10th. Then, you can do B.Tech., no doubt.
Entrance Exams like IIT-JEE and AIEEE have no relation with 10th marks.
These exams demand at least 60% marks in Class 12 from PCM side.
But if you really want to do B.Tech. from a reputed Govt. College, then you should start preparation for these exams from now itself.

Syllabus of entrance exams are mostly based on Class 11 and 12 course.

Best of Luck!!
22nd June 2012, 04:40 PM
Paras Gopani

Hey,,,
you have scored good marks in 10th class i.e. 72%,,,
but you cannot directly go for B.Tech without completing
12th class,,,so first you must study 11th and 12th ,,,and then
give some of the entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE, get good score and study in aieee or iit institutes.
Or you can study Diploma in the field you are going to choose in B.Tech,,,and then
on completing Diploma ,,you can go into B.Tech....

with best regards
all the very best.
22nd June 2012, 04:47 PM
Paras Gopani

Hey,,,
you have scored good marks in 10th class i.e. 72%,,,
but you cannot directly go for B.Tech without completing
12th class,,,so first you must study 11th and 12th ,,,and then
give some of the entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE, get good score and study in aieee or iit institutes.
Or you can study Diploma in the field you are going to choose in B.Tech,,,and then
on completing Diploma ,,you can go into B.Tech....

with best regards
all the very best.
22nd June 2012, 07:46 PM
Audi A4

hi,

Its good if you score 72% in 10th. But frankly it doesn't matter for doing B.Tech.
What really matters is your 10+2 percentage. Once you get good percent in 10+2, you can easily get admission in B.Tech and in what ever branch you want.
So don't loose hope keep your momentum going in 11 and 10+2. You can easily score marks and can easily get admission in B.Tech.

GOOD LUCK !
22nd June 2012, 08:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

After giving your class 10 exam you are only eligible to join a polytechnic college to get a diploma. For pursuing full time B.Tech degree you have to give your class 12 exam and then the entrance exams for engineering like AIEEE or equivalent state level engineering entrance exam. It is always better to have a degree than a diploma. So i would suggest you to give your class 12 exam first.

Good luck
22nd June 2012, 08:17 PM
babu91

hello dear
B.tech is the 4 year Under Graduate Engineering Course And to get admission in this course you need to complete your 12Th examination With PCM.

Candidates also Scored Minimum 50% Marks in your 12Th examination.

But the Admission in this course are Based on Entrance Test (AIEEE and IIT).

To apply for AIEEE Examination, You need to scored Minimum 50% marks in Physics & Mathematics as a compulsory subjects and Chemistry/ Bio technology/ Computer Science/ Biology any one of the Optional Subjects.

Final year Appearing Candidates are also Apply for AIEEE Examination as Provisional Basis.

But to Apply for IIT JEE examination, you need to scored minimum 60% Marks in your 12Th examination (PCM) Subjects. So, If you have completed your 12Th examination OR appearing the 12Th examination, then you are eligible to apply for this examination, But after 10Th You are Not eligible to apply for B.tech Course.
thank you
22nd June 2012, 08:57 PM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

hello
sorry you can not do B.tech after 10th class.
you have to do 12th class with science stream.
In science you have to choose maths subject.
after that you will give entrance exam like IIT,AIEEE, CET etc.
after this you will get rank according to that you will choose college then you can do B.tech.
best of luck.
22nd June 2012, 09:25 PM
jayshree bacchav

Quote:

Akshay
yES!

You can definitely do BTech after 12th science with PCM group.

You will be able to do it on the basis of CET marks.

You will get an admission in any reputed college in maharashtra for B Tech with 120 and above marks in CET which is out of 200 marks.

and I can definitely say 72 % student is not an average student. You are a good student.

So i dont think you will find any difficulty to do it.

And I will suggest you to do BTech from Pune University as its the best University in Maharashtra.

Just visit the site :

http://www.unipune.ac.in/

All the best
23rd June 2012, 11:40 AM
babu91

hello dear
you have secure average marks in 10th.
but this does not matter too much
you have to well in 12th..
have to secure 50% to do b.tech n 60% for campus placement in good companies..
afterall you have to do well in the entrance exams too..
so study hard
thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?