13th September 2017, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in electrical engineering after completion of diploma in computer science?

Can I do B.Tech In Electrical Engineering After Doing Diploma In Computer Science. I Have to Ask This Question Already But No One Did Reply. Please, Friend, Help Me Can I Do? I want to know the details to proceed further. Thank you!

14th September 2017, 03:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in electrical engineering after completion of diploma in computer science?

There are entrance exams conducted for diploma candidates to get admission in Bachelor's degree in technology.

1. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. It is conducted by State Technical university. Diploma candidates with 60% marks or more are eligible for this entrance exam.

2. You are also eligible for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

You can opt for Electrical engineering according to your rank in entrance exams conducted.
14th September 2017, 06:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in electrical engineering after completion of diploma in computer science?

Sorry, for inconvenience if no one had replied earlier but you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech in Electrical engineering.

Candidates passed diploma in Computer science course are eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Computer Science through lateral entry.

So, you can get admission in B.Tech course only in Computer Science stream.
14th September 2017, 07:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do B.Tech in Electrical Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma in Computer Science. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related course from a Government recognised university are eligible to pursue B.Tech Electrical Engineering course.
14th September 2017, 10:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech in Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in Computer Science.

Candidates passed diploma in electrical engineering will be only eligible to appear in LEET examination conducted by various institutes for admission in B.Tech courses in Electrical engineering.

The candidates after qualifying in examination will get admission in 2nd year of course.
14th September 2017, 11:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed the Diploma in computer science course you are not eligible to get admission in Electrical engineering.

So, either you have to take admission in Computer science stream or you should have to pursue diploma in electrical engineering to get admission in electrical engineering course.

The admission in different government and private colleges are offered through LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ).

For detail information about examination visit at official website of respective institute which conduct entrance examination.
15th September 2017, 04:31 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do B.Tech In Electrical Engineering After Doing Diploma In Computer Science. I Have to Ask This Question Already But No One Did Reply. Please, Friend, Help Me Can I Do? I want to know the details to proceed further. Thank you!
No, it is not possible to pursue B.Tech in electrical engineering after diploma in computer science. However you can apply for B.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology on competing the diploma course in computer science. Candidates with a diploma can directly join the 2nd year of B.Tech course through the process of Lateral Entry.

LEET is Lateral Entry Entrance Test which is conducted for admission of candidates through Lateral Entry process. Most of the colleges provides admission based on LEET result and marks scored in diploma course.
The eligibility criteria for LEET are:-

>>Candidates should have a diploma in any field of engineering with a minimum score of 50% or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university.

>>Age of the candidates should be minimum 17 years during the time of admission.

Some colleges also conduct their own entrance examination for admission through Lateral Entry. You have to score a good rank for admission in a reputed college.Admission is provided through the process of counseling based on LEET rank.Exams for LEET are conducted in the month of May.

Some of the colleges for B.Tech in Computer Science are-

<>Delhi Technological University

<>Manipal Institute of Technology

<>Netaji Subhas Engineering College

<>Jamia Millia Islamia

<>Biju Patnaik University of Technology

<>PES Institute of Technology
15th September 2017, 09:12 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Sorry to say but you are not eligible to get admission in b.tech with electrical engineering .
You can get admission for computer science
For getting admission in b.tecg you have to crack entrance exam like-
Lateral Entry Entrance Test.
Joint Entrance Exam.
15th September 2017, 04:39 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

Regarding admission in engineering colleges, you have 2 options.
1. Lateral entry in which you will get admission in second year B.Tech but you will be able to get admission in computer science only since you have done your diploma in CSE.
2. Other way is to clear the IIT-JEE exam in which you have to secure a good rank under which you will be able to get admission in electrical engineering.

SO choice is yours whether to go directly into 2nd year B.Tech or do electrical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?