28th July 2015, 01:34 PM
nikhil kundu

Can I do BCA after completion of 12th in Arts

Can i do BCA after completion of 12th in arts.

14th August 2015, 09:26 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do BCA after completion of 12th in Arts

No, I am sorry but you cannot do BCA after you completed 12th standard in arts. BCA demands that one of the subject combinations of the qualifying examination should be Mathematics. As you might understand that arts stream does not Mathematics as one of the subjects. I am sure you did not study with Mathematics in your 12th standard. Commerce and science streams contain Mathematics as one of the four subjects. So any person who has passed from science or commerce are eligible to opt for BCA. I would advise you to rather study B.A. in English or Geography. In comparison to BCA they have higher horizon for jobs. Even banking jobs, civil service jobs are open to B.A. graduates. These are not meant for BCA people.
15th August 2015, 01:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for the Bachelor of Computer Applications. The eligibility criteria for this computer application course is as below:

>>Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary Education. That is you must have done 10+2 from a recognized board.

>>Minimum marks secured in 10+2 should be at least 50%.

>>Candidate should have studied science subjects that includes Physics and Chemistry.

>>If you want to get admission in top institutes for BCA then you must have studied mathematics at the 10+2 level.

Being an arts candidates, you must not have studied Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics, so you can not pursue this course.
15th August 2015, 08:49 PM
JSD.

Yes of course definitely you can do the BCA course.The basic eligibility criteria for this course is to have a +2 course from a recognized board with good percentile. There is not any kind of restrictions to opt any particular subject in the duration of +1 and +2.If you have successfully done your +2 than definitely you can do the BCA course.
16th August 2015, 01:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil kundu View Post
Can i do BCA after completion of 12th in arts.
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
31st August 2015, 11:47 PM
namani suresh

hi frnd..

BCA stands for the Bachelor of Computer Applications. The eligibility criteria for this computer application course is as below:

>>Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary Education. That is you must have done 10+2 from a recognized board.

>>Minimum marks secured in 10+2 should be at least 50%.

>>Candidate should have studied science subjects that includes Physics and Chemistry.

>>If you want to get admission in top institutes for BCA then you must have studied mathematics at the 10+2 level.

Being an arts candidates, you must not have studied Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics, so you can not pursue this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?