9th April 2022, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I do bed in chemistry after BSc hons. Chemistry?

I came across that two subjects should be studied by an individual to do b.ed
I have done B.Sc Chemistry honors, so, can I go for B.Ed in Chemistry?? I took computer science as my generic subject for 4 semesters but other than this I haven't studied any other subject except for chemistry.
Am i eligible?

12th April 2022, 03:37 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do bed in chemistry after BSc hons. Chemistry?

Yes, you can do BEd in Chemistry after BSc Honours in Chemistry. The minimum educational qualification required to do BEd is a candidate must have been a graduate/postgraduate in any relevant field with a minimum score of 50% - 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Some universities conduct an entrance examination to take admission to this course. The minimum score and the admission process may vary from university to university which you check before applying.
12th April 2022, 05:08 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for B.Ed
Those who have completed their bachelor's degree from a recognised institution with atleast 60 % marks are eligible.

The course is generally stretched over 2 years to impart knowledge in teaching line.
In order to get admission , they should have cleared entrance exam conducted by college .

It's an objective based exam conducted mainly in June and July and results are declared in July or August.
13th April 2022, 07:43 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can do B.ed. after B.Sc. You will get better chance in teaching especially for classes 11 and 12. There is much demand of science teacher in schools. After B.ed , if you want to teach in primary classes , you need to qualify ctet or t.e.t(primary).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?