19th June 2021, 10:42 PM
Kajadas980

Can I do BSc in IT after 12th PCB?

If i am pcb student without maths then how do i apply for bsc IT. Can I do BSC in IT as pcb student if not then how if i am pcb student without maths then how do i apply for bsc IT. And can I do BSC IT without maths as PCB student?

21st June 2021, 05:24 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BSc in IT after 12th PCB?

Eligibility for BSC in IT:-

> candidates must have a passed there 10 plus two level of education from a recognised educational board.

> They must have a physics, chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects and scored a minimum of 50% marks.
21st June 2021, 05:56 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for BSC in Information Technology:-

The candidate should have passed 12th examination in science stream with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as subjects studied and with a minimum of 50% marks secured in Maths and/ or in aggregate from a recognised board of the country.

Some reputed colleges and institutes also conduct entrance examination to get admission to their BSc Information Technology degree course.

Selection will be based on marks secured in the final merit i. e. total mark aggregated in the final exams of 12th and the entrance exam.
22nd June 2021, 01:08 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

No, You can't pursue BSc in IT after 12th PCB.

It is must to have Mathematics / Computer Science/ Statistics as a subject in intermediate to be eligible to pursue BSc IT.

You can pursue BCA course from IGNOU which is similar to BSc IT but it would be done through distance learning mode.

You will get direct admission on the basis of intermediate score in BCA.

PCB students are not eligible to go for BSc IT course.
22nd June 2021, 08:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to pursue Bachelor degree in science in Information Technology is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to pursue the course with your present qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?