15th May 2016, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Can I do CA if having Maths and Computer course in 12th and not Commerce?

I am seeking expert guidance that whether there is something way to CA if took maths and computer course in 12th std and not commerce? I want to study CA?

15th May 2016, 01:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do CA if having Maths and Computer course in 12th and not Commerce?

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy. Candidates from any background either science or commerce or arts can apply for Common Proficiency test which is first level of this course. You can apply for CPT examination even if you have not studied commerce in 10+2. The Common Proficiency Test contains question from:

>>Fundamentals of Accounting.

>>Economics.

>>Quantitative Aptitude.

>>Mercantile law.

As you are from non commerce stream, you will have to study fundamentals of accounting, mercantile law and Economics in order to pass this test. It is of 200 marks and minimum marks required to pass this test is 50% and 30 % in each subject. For any more details, you can visit official website of ICAI that is http://www.icai.org..
15th May 2016, 02:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do CA if having Maths and Computer course in 12th and not Commerce?

You are eligible for Common Proficiency Test without having commerce in 12th.

1. Candidates from all stream either it is science or arts or commerce are eligible for Common Proficiency Test. CPT is organized every year twice in June and December by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

2. After clearing this test, candidate gets enrolled in Chartered Accountancy course. This test is of objective type and candidate must score 50% of marks out of total marks to clear this test.

Official website of ICAI is http://www.icai.org..
15th May 2016, 03:07 PM
13precious

Yes you can do CA after completing 12th with maths & Computer as subjects.You should have some basic knowledge of accountancy which are study in 11th & 12th standard.

You will have to read CBSE NCERT books of accountancy for take basic knowledge of Accounts.

Stages for CA:-

CPT(Common Proficiency Test)

IPCC(Integrated Professional Competency Course)

Final level for CA
15th May 2016, 09:02 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Common Proficiency Test even if you have not studied commerce in 10+2.

Eligibility for Common Proficiency Test:

*Candidates can register for CPT exam after 10th board exam and can apply for this exam after 10+2 exams.

*It is conducted in June and December every year.

*It contains questions from fundamental of accounting, mercantile law, economics and aptitude.
15th May 2016, 11:05 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

You can do CA after completing 12th with maths & Computer subjects .You just have knowledge of basic of accounts.

You should have to read NCERT books for raise knowledge of accountancy.

Eligibility Criteria:- To apply for CA you should have passed 12th with minimum 55% marks.

Stages for CA :- It has three stages i.e. CPT,IPCC & final ca.
16th May 2016, 12:49 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Common Proficiency test:

1. Candidates from any stream can apply for this exam.

You can also apply for this exam without commerce in 10+2.

You must study fundamentals of accounting economics to clear CPT for enrolling Chartered Accountancy course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?