19th July 2022, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Can I do a law after my diploma in civil engineering?

Currently I'm in 3rd year of diploma in civil engineering so can I'm able to law course please help me

20th July 2022, 06:05 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do a law after my diploma in civil engineering?

Yes, you can pursue BA LLB. Diploma in civil engineering doesn't matter in this case because both are different courses. Admission will be done on the basis of your class 12th marksheet.

>> LLB course eligibility criteria:-

The candidates belonging to the general category must have passed Class 12 with a minimum of 45% from recognised university. For the SC/ST candidates, the minimum qualifying mark is 40%.
20th July 2022, 11:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to get admission in 5 year B.A LLB course after diploma course.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in premier institutions. So, you can visit the official website of institution for detail information about the procedure.
21st July 2022, 08:56 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to join LLB course after completion of a diploma.

You must be passed 12th standard or graduation.

Eligibility:-

You must be graduate from a recognised University with 45%

40% for SC/ST candidate.

Minimum age is 30 years.

5 years age relaxation is for SC/ST candidates.

So, being a diploma candidate you are not eligible for LLB course.
21st July 2022, 11:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue five year course then eligible to get admission after the diploma course.

For three year law course, you have to pursue bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no upper age limit to pursue the law course.
21st July 2022, 01:01 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a final year student of Diploma in Engineering degree course which is equivalent to higher secondary school degree, you will be eligible to pursue integrated LLB degree courses of five years as to pursue 3 year LLB (Bachelor of Law) degree course the minimum education required is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university and Diploma in Engineering course is not equivalent to a bachelor degree course.
22nd July 2022, 12:46 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You can absolutely pursue an LLB course. Due to the fact that both are distinct programs, a civil engineering diploma is irrelevant in this instance. Your class 12 grade certificate will be used as the basis for admission.
22nd July 2022, 01:10 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

No, You are required to complete any graduation degree first. The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in any law related entrance exams like CLAT, LSAT, AILET etc. is that the candidate shall have at least three years graduation degree in any branch/stream with minimum 45% marks.

So, you shall go for graduation degree first then apply for the entrance exam as mentioned above to make your career in law.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?