10th February 2019, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA in Economics with BA in English?

My subjects in BA were English, Sociology and Education. Can I do MA in Economics? Do I also need to write any entrance for this course? If yes, please share details of that entrance.

12th February 2019, 01:47 PM
K.bharti
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I do MA in Economics with BA in English?

If you have economics as your subject in your B.A. , you can do M.A. in economics...but if you don't have...you are not eligible for M.A. in economics
12th February 2019, 09:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Universities like Delhi University conduct entrance exam for admission in Master of Arts in Economics. The criteria is that student should have minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree in any stream.

In universities where there is no entrance exam, graduation with Economics as one of the subjects is required. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree.
12th February 2019, 11:32 PM
Akshay Bochare
Member+

Yes, you can do MA in Economics. But the thing is after pursuing BA in different subject you may feel the syllabus difficult. So think about your decision and once you have done then choose where you want to complete your MA in economics.
There is entrance exam for MA Economics

List of Entrance Exams

National Eligibility Test (NET)
Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam
Madras School of Economics Entrance Exam
BHU M.A. entrance exam for Economics
Delhi University entrance test
IGNOU Entrance Test
Mumbai University Entrance Test
Anna University MA/M.Phil Entrance Exam
Genteel School of Business & Economics All India Entrance Exam
Pune University Entrance Test
14th February 2019, 12:34 AM
Maa Ka Pyar

Respect sir /madam, There are some university in India which conduct there own entrance exam for the admission of any graduate or postgraduate course.
They decide they eligibility criteria for the admission
BHU(Banaras Hindu University) and DU(Delhi University) keep the criteria to students must have 60% marks in bachelor's degree.
you can do your MA in economics if you had done your BA in English.
14th February 2019, 01:46 PM
sumitmrvpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.bharti View Post
If you have economics as your subject in your B.A. , you can do M.A. in economics...but if you don't have...you are not eligible for M.A. in economics
Dear K. Bharti, it is not necessary to have economics as your subject at graduation to take admission in M.A. economics. All the colleges have different Eligibility Criteria for admission. Some colleges take admission on the basis of marks in graduation degree or entrance exam conduct by the college Or on the basis of both. And there are some private colleges in Delhi/ncr who take admission on the basis of entrance exam and I know about Manav Rachna, they allow admission on the basis of both.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?