25th July 2017, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after completion of B.Com Computer applications?

In 12th I had maths and in degree, I completed my B.Com computer applications now then can I take the MCA course am I eligible for it? Can you please provide me with the required details on this soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer. Thanks!

25th July 2017, 10:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MCA after completion of B.Com Computer applications?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and it is two year duration course from a recognised university.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in course. The basic qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper.

So, you can appear for examination to get admission in NIT, and other government or private institutes with your present qualification.
25th July 2017, 10:56 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue masters of Computer Application after completing your Bachelor of Commerce. You must have studied mathematics in your standard from a recognised board and you must have past it with at least 50% marks.
You should have completed your bachelor degree from recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to candidates of reserved categories.
25th July 2017, 11:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can most definitely go for MCA after completing graduation.

Eligibility criteria about this course :-

If you are interested to sit for this exam then you need to complete your graduation first to pursue this course. You should have minimum 60% of marks at graduation level.

You should have Mathematics at plus two level and it can be your subject at graduation level.

There is no age criteria as such which means you can choose to pursue this course when ever you want to without bothering too much about age limit.

Most of the top colleges prefers to conduct a written examination which is followed by group discussion and interview session.

Exam pattern

Subject areas which needs special mention are as follows:-

Mathematics

Computer Awareness

Analytical Ability

Logical Reasoning

Elementary English Awareness.
25th July 2017, 11:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are for admission in MCA course but have to qualify in entrance examination conducted by various universities for admission.

The eligibility to get admission in course is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline or computer courses.

Mandatory to have mathematics as main paper in 12th.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for admission in course.

For detail visit at www.nimcet2017.nitdgp.ac.in. and for admission in DU visit at www.cs.du.ac.in.
26th July 2017, 04:57 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Post Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

Here is the eligibility criteria to get admission for this course.
-One should have scored at least 50% of marks in Graduation.
-The candidate should have gone through as the compulsory subject either in 10+2 or in Graduation.

As per this criteria, since you have Mathematics subject in your 10+2, you are eligible to get admission for MCA course though you are from B.Com in Graduation.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every university will conduct its own Entrance Exam for the candidates to give admission.

Depending upon your performance in the Entrance Exam, you will be give admission for this course in the respective college under that university.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

Try to get admission in a top college by getting good rank so that you will be having the benefit of campus placements.

There are so many job opportunities for MCA candidates in software industry.
26th July 2017, 05:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are for pursuing MCA course after completion of B.Com Computer Application.

The eligibility to pursue two year MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) course is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with mathematics as main paper in 12th board.

The required aggregate in bachelor degree to get admission varies with institutes. So, now you have to appear and qualify in NIMCET ( to get admission in NITs ), IIT JAM, BIT MCA etc to get admission.
26th July 2017, 11:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

It is a post graduation course in computer application. Science, engineering, commerce stream candidates can apply for MCA course.

One of the most essential eligibility criteria required for this course that MCA aspirant should have studied mathematics at senior secondary level. If you have studied mathematics at 12th level then you can apply for this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?