2nd August 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Mechanical engineering after BBA?

i m student of secend year of bba i don't like mba i like micanical engg. so i can do micanical engg. after graduation in b.b.a. please reply my email id, ([email protected])

3rd August 2012, 09:21 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Mechanical engineering after BBA?

My friend if you don't like BBA then why did you went after it in the first place? BBA and B.Tech are two different courses and you can not do B.Tech after completing BBA. There is no lateral entry if you are thinking of one. The lateral entry is only given to candidates who have finished diploma in Engineering or B.Sc course.

You will not get the chance to appear in B.Tech entrance exam once completed the BBA course. Since you are in second year there may be a chance for you to appear in IIT-JEE or AIEEE entrance exam. However there is a very small window of opportunity for you to appear in any of the two exams. Please read the eligibility part carefully for the both exams especially the one highlighed with bold text because this is where I fear you may face problem.

IIT-JEE Eligibility:-

You must complete 12th in Science stream with at least 60 percent marks.

SC/ST candidates need to score 55 percent marks in 12th board.

The percentage requirement for OBC is same as General therefore do not get confused.

You can appear in IIT-JEE for two consecutive years which means that if you completed 12th in 2010 you are not eligible to appear in IIT-JEE 2012 and onwards.

AIEEE Eligibility:-

Minimum qualification is 12th with subjects like Physics, Maths and Chemistry.

At least 50 percent marks in 12th board.

40 percent marks in case of SC/ST candidate.

Age limit to appear for AIEEE is 25 years.

SC/ST/PH candidates get 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.

You can appear for 3 consecutive years in AIEEE exam which means that if you completed 12th in 2011 you are eligible to appear till 2013.

If you do not meet these requirement then unfortunately you can not get admission in B.Tech college. However if the only requirement you do not meet is the one mentioned in bold text then you can apply for B.Tech through management quota. However you will require to perform extremely well in the 12th board and may have to pay huge donation. Make sure you are prepared to do that.

Otherwise BBA is not a bad option. After BBA go for the MBA and get a decent job.
6th August 2012, 03:25 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

BBA and B.Tech both the are totally Different course so sorry, to say that but you can not join Mechanical Engineering After graduation in BBA.

for joining B.E or B.Tech you should have to clear AIEEE or IIT-JEE.
both the examination you can apply if you have completed your 12th with science stream.

till the 3 years after completing your 12th

so, according to this if you have completed your 12th in 2011 then and then you are eligible for it.
14th February 2013, 06:38 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

hi friend,

BBA and B.Tech both the are totally Different course so sorry, to say that but you can not join Mechanical Engineering After graduation in BBA.

for joining B.E or B.Tech you should have to clear AIEEE or IIT-JEE.
both the examination you can apply if you have completed your 12th with science stream.

till the 3 years after completing your 12th

so, according to this if you have completed your 12th in 2011 then and then you are eligible for it.
21st October 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I want to go in engineering line but i am the student of bba second year can i do b.tech or mechanical engineering from India or USA please tell me what to i do plz tell me any advice soon
3rd September 2020, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have taken science in 2 then i joined bba. Is it possible that i can join in engineering
1st January 2022, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th in science but I am doing now graduation in bba . Can I do engineering. After completion of bba?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?