23rd December 2010, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Can i do MSc in mathematics after completion b.tech in computer science? plz reply me

24th December 2010, 03:41 AM
bikenindia

Default Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

hi,
I am not sure but i think you can surely do it.
Since BE students can go for MBA, then i think you can.
So enquire in the concern college.

All the best.
24th December 2010, 12:53 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Hii
The eligibility criteria says that a candidate should have bachelor degree with the mathematics subject atleast for two years. And you are not a mathematics student so you would not be able to do MSc in maths. Sorry
24th December 2010, 02:45 PM
rajasekar jegatha

Default Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

yes ,, you can do it ,,but it is a up normal one

mostly people like to go job after b.tech ,, that is enough to get got salary
and in computer science there are many opportunities are there

but if you have interest you can do it ,,
before that try to get information about job opportunities after completing it

select best college in india like iit , nit

all the best
24th December 2010, 06:08 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

yea of course you can do Msc in mathematics after doing your b tech degree .......
24th December 2010, 09:50 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)Yes you can do, it depends on your Interest , then why did you took B.Tech computer science ,you would have taken Bsc Maths

2)No problem you finish M.Sc and then do M. Phil In Maths, then your career will be very good ,but now a days There is Wanted of Researcher In Mathematic ,last week they published in News Paper

3)Do that with full Interest , Success is yours Friend

Best of luck
24th December 2010, 09:51 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hello dear

you can't do MSC in mathematic afetr complitation your B.Tech because to do the MSC in mathematic. It is compulsory to have mathematic in graduation.
If you are realy interseted to do MSC in mathematic then do the graduation in maths only.

good luck..........
2nd February 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

I am now a student of Engineering of Kalyani Government Engineering College (4th year) and I want to do M.Sc in Mathematics after B.Tech.....................Can any1 of you all (seeing this post) tell me that how can I do it ??
2nd February 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I am now a student of Engineering of Kalyani Government Engineering College (4th year) and I want to do M.Sc in Mathematics after B.Tech.....................Can any1 of you all (seeing this post) tell me that how can I do it ??
21st February 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 4th b.tech it and i want to do m.sc mathematics after B.Tech please tell me that how can i do it?
11th March 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i m very surprised that after B.Tech(I T) u want to do M.Sc(Maths) .acc. to me bro, u do M.tech OR MBA
7th April 2011, 05:12 AM
Unregistered

plz guide me . can i become a mathematicians after B.E(E.C.E)
30th April 2011, 05:49 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

I think yes but i think you should go for job...if you want to study then it is based on you.....
30th April 2011, 06:04 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

I think yes but i think you should go for job...if you want to study then it is based on you.....
2nd May 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO M SC IN MATHEMATICS AFTER COMPLETING B E IN COMPUTER SCIENCE?
2nd May 2011, 10:55 PM
amruta sakre

helo ....i have done b e in computer science...and i realised i have interest only in maths......so can i do m sc in maths ? i want to go for teaching profession .... i would like to d o p hd later...please help....!
9th May 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Sc (Maths), Am I eligible to do CDAC?
25th June 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

iam btech 4th year cse student.. i'm intrested in maths... shall i do msc maths now pls tell ???
25th June 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

shall i do msc maths after btech cse?
27th June 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Any idea which college/University offer such facility to study M.Sc (Maths) after B.tech
23rd July 2011, 06:45 AM
syed003

is it worthy to do M.Sc (IT) after B.E (ece)???? else suggest a good one except MBA.... in distance education and suggest me few universities wr i can do tat....
5th August 2011, 12:16 PM
suraj parwani

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahajan View Post
Hii
The eligibility criteria says that a candidate should have bachelor degree with the mathematics subject atleast for two years. And you are not a mathematics student so you would not be able to do MSc in maths. Sorry
sir i am study maths atleast two years in Btech cse branch
31st October 2011, 10:20 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

31st October 2011, 10:21 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

31st October 2011, 10:25 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

I am not sure but i think you can surely do it.
Since BE students can go for MBA, then i think you can.
So enquire in the concern college
28th November 2011, 11:56 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

1)Yes you can do, it depends on your Interest , then why did you took B.Tech computer science ,you would have taken Bsc Maths

2)No problem you finish M.Sc and then do M. Phil In Maths, then your career will be very good ,but now a days There is Wanted of Researcher In Mathematic ,last week they published in News Paper

3)Do that with full Interest
23rd February 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i m final year computer science & engg student. i hav too much intrest in mathematics. i want to do M.S(mathematics).
can i do it.
if yes then what will be my future.
27th February 2012, 08:52 PM
michael_scofield

CSE -- Computer Science Engineering .

Computer software engineers apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work.

The tasks performed by these workers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.
Computer engineering, also called computer systems engineering, is a discipline that integrates several fields of electrical engineering and computer science required to develop computer systems.

This is 4 year regular course .

After the course completion You can easily get a good job in any top MNC .

Job Outlook :

Job prospects should be excellent, as computer software engineers are expected to be among the fastest-growing occupations through the year 2016.

You can be Programmer , Developer , Tester , Software Designer , Project Manager , Team Leader , Debugger , etc ,.

Employment of computer software engineers is projected to increase by 38 percent over the 2006 to 2016 period, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation will generate about 324,000 new jobs, over the projections decade, one of the largest employment increases of any occupation.

The Govt Sectors hiring Computer Science Engineers are :

BEL
ISRO
DRDO
ECIL
BSNL
Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
Indian Ordnance Factories Service .
Indian Naval Armament Service .
Bank Probationary Officer
Civil Services , etc, .

For getting into these companies you need to have min of 70% as your over all aggregate throughout the course .

Software Companies hire Computer Science Engineers :

TCS
Infosys
L & T Infotech
HCL
I-Gate
NIIT Technologies
Torry Harris
Whipro Infotech
EDS
Webcom
R Systems
Global Logic
Netchasers
Sapient
Sapient Informatics
FreeScale (Motorola)
LG
STM
Cadence
Agilent
NI
GE Electrical etc.

Good Luck !!
2nd April 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I am a B Tech - Civil , i had studied engineering Maths for 3semesters viz ranging from Algebra, Advanced Calculus, Matrices, Diff. Equations, Probability, Fourier Series etc. Would it qualify me as an Candidate for M.Sc Mathematics.
2nd April 2012, 12:18 PM
sasmatpune

I am B.Tech Civil . I studied Engineering Maths for 3 semesters which included topics like - Complex Numbers, Advanced Calculus and Algebra, Probability , Matrices, Diff. Equ., Fourier series etc. Can i go for course in Msc. Mathematics
6th December 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.E final year student and i want 2 do master degree of pshcology...am i eligible for it??
4th June 2013, 11:49 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i do MSc in mathematics after completion b.tech in computer science? plz reply me
Yes Off course you're eligible for M.sc in Mathematics course after Completing you're B.tech in Computer Science course .

M.sc in Mathematics course required Bachelor degree course in any discipline with Mathematics as a Main subject in 12th Standard and Bachelor degree course .

Being a B.tech in Computer Science Engineering student, you have having Mathematics subject .So,definitely you're applicable for M.sc in Mathematics course .

M.sc Mathematics is an Master and duration of the course is for two years . The course is divided into four semester . There are so many college in India offers this M.sc course in India .

The Eligibility Criteria for M.sc in Mathematics course is differ from College to College .

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • One should complete Bachelor degree from recognized University are make the candidate eligible for this M.sc Course ..
  • One should having Mathematics as a Main Subject in 12th Standard as well Bachelor degree course .
  • One should score Minimum 50% percentage of marks .

You have Complete B.tech in Computer Science , So your definitely eligible for M.sc Course .. So, there is No Issue with your educational Qualification,..

The Admission for M.sc in Based on Entrance Examination performance , Every Institutions as well as University may conduct entrance Examination within the college . If you show good performance in Entrance Examination then you may get admission for MCA Course .

Benefits for M.sc Mathematics Course :-
  • This M.sc Mathematics course gives good Base for higher degree programs such as M.phil / P.hd and Research work etc........
  • After completing M.sc Mathematics course you may apply for Jobs like, Accounting /Banking and Insurance Sectors etc..
  • You may become an Teacher in High school and Also conduct own Coaching Institution .

Best College of M.sc Mathematics :-
  • Sri Venkateswara College
  • St. Stephen’s College
  • Indraprastha College for Women
  • Hindu College
  • M E S College of Arts , Commerce and Science
  • Hans Raj College
  • Ramjas College
  • Miranda House College
  • Deshbandhu College
  • Acharya Narendra Dev College
  • Dyal Singh College
  • Madras Institute of Technology
25th January 2014, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can I do MSc in Mathematics after completing B.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahajan View Post
Hii
but a btech student also have mathematics in their syllabus
8th February 2014, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

i want to do msc maths after btech now i am studying 3year shell i go with open degree or there is any chance to directly complete msc maths with out degree
10th August 2014, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

can I do MSc in maths after completing B.E in Electronics and communication Engineering?
13th October 2014, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

can i do master degree in Mathematics after completion of BE?? ( Master degree regularly... not Correspondance)
1st February 2015, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAKESH KUMAR.N View Post

3)Do that with full Interest , Success is yours Friend

Best of luck
Thanks Rakesh,

Computer is my interest and Math is my passion.
3rd February 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Sc in mathematics after finishing my B.E in electronics and M.Tech in micro electronics
20th February 2015, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

thank u so much fr every1! these answers have really helped me.
I would like to say, If ua really interested to pursue your studies in mathematics ,do take up MSc in it. M a BE graduate(ECE). But i dunn wanna slog in front of computers whole day as a S/w Engineer. M passionate to study maths n teach maths. So m taking up MSc ! PLs ma dear friends, Do What you LIKE , n make it as ya profession rather than regretting rest of ya life!
15th April 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

I am completed my b.tech in it in 2010 after that completed MBA in finance in 2012... now i am interest in doing ma in maths... is this possible and what's the process to proceed...
Please give me valuable suggestions... thank you.
25th April 2017, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

I completed b.e computer science and engineering. In b.e computer science and engineering, we have mathematics subject upto 6th semester. Can I study M.SC mathematics in government colleges.
29th March 2018, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Msc in mathematics after completing my graduation in BCA And Msc in Computer science
11th October 2020, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I do mtech in mathematics computing after completing btech in electrical and electronics
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?