8th October 2012, 09:49 PM
akriti mehra

Can I do Ph.D while doing work? I have done my graduation in mass communication and journalism

I have done my graduation in mass communication and journalism while masters as MBA in hr.the only issue is that although my marks were excellent but these are not done through great colleges now I am looking colleges for PH.D where i can work as a lecturer as well as earn money...are there any colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after 12th standard to become a Journalist? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Admission for M.Tech after passing GATE with 70%? Names of the government colleges in Pune and Mumbai?
  3. How to do Ph.D after doing M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication
  4. Government colleges in Delhi for M.Phil or PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication? -- [New]
  5. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  6. Where to do phd research in journalism and mass communication?
  7. How to proceed for PhD in Mass Communication?
  8. Colleges for Masters in Journalism & Mass Communication or Journalism or Journalism or Mass Communication? How to prepare for their entrance exams and what are the syllabus?
  9. Cutoff of BDS colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai? List of medical government colleges and government aided colleges in Mumbai and New Mumbai?
  10. PhD Journalism & Mass Communication or Media Studies from Anna University?
  11. Can I apply for M.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication being a diploma holder?
  12. Which college should I prefer to have a career as Journalist?
  13. How to do master in journalism and mass communication?
  14. Can I study M.E or MBA after completion of UG course?
  15. Requirements to pursue Masters course in Mass Communications and Journalism being a candidate of pursuing Bachelors course in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  16. List of Universities offering M.Phil and Ph.D Programs in Journalism and Mass Communication?
  17. How to apply for PhD in Journalism & Mass Communication or Media Studies at Anna University?
  18. Good mba colleges for SC candidate with CET score of 77 in Maharashtra?
2nd July 2014, 04:23 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D while doing work? I have done my graduation in mass communication and journalism

The minimum qualification needed for the appointment of lecturer/assistant professor is NET/SLET. Anyone with the PhD degree asper the University Grants Commission Regulations will be exempted from the NET/SLET exam. So, if you have cleared all or any one of the tests makes you eligible for the job. First of all, you need to finish the PH.D to seek a job. For Ph.d, going by the UGC rules, candidates has to clear entrance exam like NET and then an interview for getting admitted to Ph.D program. You need to complete your masters degree with minimum 55 per cent marks. As part of the curriculum, student needs to complete course work for requisite credits. You also need to complete the credits through coursework, a formal proposal of synopsis devised with consultation of the guide. For engineers and doctors, some universities allow exception to this rule and can directly seek admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?