25th June 2023, 04:08 PM
GURU1975

Can I do a PhD in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology in India?

PhD in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology. Can I do a PhD in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology in India?

27th June 2023, 03:44 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do a PhD in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology in India?

Yes, you can do PhD In Microbiology after completing MSc in Applied Microbiology.

The duration of this course is 3 to 5 years.
27th June 2023, 08:36 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do a PhD in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology in India?

You can apply for PhD or M. Phil programmes after a postgraduate degree in Microbiology with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Some top microbiology colleges even conduct independent entrance exams for PhD applicants.
27th June 2023, 09:34 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for PhD in Microbiology course:

The basic eligibility criteria required to study PhD in Microbiology course is given below:

Name of the Course - PhD in Microbiology

@ In order to study this PhD in Microbiology course, candidiates must have completed Master's Degree in concerned stream or discipline from a recognized university or institute.

@ As you have done M.Sc in Applied Microbiology, I can say that you are eligible for pursuing this course.

@ Besides this, you must have scored good marks in the PhD Entrance Examination to be eligible.

@ The minimum percentage required in Post Graduation is 55% Mark's.
28th June 2023, 01:51 AM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I do a PhD in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology in India?

The candidate can definitely pursue a Ph.D. in Microbiology after completing an M.Sc. in Applied Microbiology in India. The M.Sc. in Applied Microbiology provides you with a strong foundation in the subject, making you eligible for further research and academic pursuits.
28th June 2023, 04:48 AM
Msdhoni02

1. You have to pass with 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grades prescribed by UGC in the Master's Degree* (2 year or 4 semester Master's Degree after a 3 year Bachelor's Degree #) or equivalent in the relevant subject to qualifying LPUNEST and Interview.
30th June 2023, 08:08 AM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Yes, you can pursue a Ph.D. in Microbiology after completing an MSc in Applied Microbiology in India. A Master's degree in Applied Microbiology provides a solid foundation and specialized knowledge in the field, which can be beneficial for pursuing a research-oriented Ph.D. program.

Here are the general steps you can follow to pursue a Ph.D. in Microbiology:

1. Research and Identify Universities/Institutes: Look for universities or research institutes in India that offer Ph.D. programs in Microbiology or related disciplines. Check their eligibility criteria, research areas, faculty expertise, and available funding opportunities.

2. Entrance Exams and Admission Process: Many universities and institutes conduct entrance exams for admission to their Ph.D. programs. Common entrance exams in India for Ph.D. admissions include the CSIR-UGC NET, GATE (Life Sciences), DBT-JRF, and ICMR-JRF. Qualifying these exams may be a requirement for admission to some institutes, while others may have their own entrance exams or interview-based selection processes. Check the specific requirements of each institution you are interested in.

3. Contact Potential Advisors: Identify potential research advisors or faculty members whose research aligns with your interests. Reach out to them by email or through the university's admission portal to express your interest in their research and inquire about Ph.D. opportunities under their supervision. Establishing a connection with potential advisors can strengthen your application.

4. Application and Documents: Complete the application process as per the requirements of the respective universities or institutes. Prepare the necessary documents, such as your MSc degree certificate, transcripts, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and any additional documents specified by the institution.

5. Selection and Admission: After the application process, universities or institutes will conduct interviews, either in person or online, to assess your research aptitude and suitability for the Ph.D. program. If you are selected, you will receive an offer of admission. Make sure to confirm your admission by submitting the required documents and paying the necessary fees within the stipulated time.

6. Ph.D. Coursework and Research: Once admitted, you will typically undergo coursework for a specified duration, covering advanced topics in Microbiology and related disciplines. After completing the coursework, you will start your research under the guidance of your chosen research advisor. The research work will culminate in a Ph.D. thesis, which you will defend through a viva voce examination.

It's important to note that specific requirements and procedures may vary between universities and institutes. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to the official websites and admission notifications of the universities or institutes you are interested in for detailed and up-to-date information regarding their Ph.D. admissions process in Microbiology.
30th June 2023, 09:57 PM
Shantanubose22

Eligibility for PhD Microbiology course:-

>> Candidates must hold a Postgraduate degree in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 55% marks.

>> Many colleges demand for an experience of five years or more in the field of Microbiology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?