5th February 2018, 10:49 AM
Deepika1984$

Can I do Psychology Counselling when I am B.Tech graduate and do MBA?

Can I do Psychology counselling when I am B.Tech and MBA graduate? I am 33 years old female candidate and want to pursue my career in Psychology Counselling. Can I start my career in that and how?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue my career in Psychology when I am a B.Tech and MBA post graduate?
  2. Can a M.Sc in Counselling Psychology do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university will allow me?
  3. How to study Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology from government universities? -- [New]
  4. Can I study Counselling Psychology after completing 12th Commerce?
  5. M.Sc in Counselling Psychology eligible to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which university provide it?
  6. TNOU M.Sc Counselling & Psychotherapy 1st Year- Counselling And Health Psychology (MCP-14) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  7. Is MBA graduate eligible to do Psychology? What is the procedure for it?
  8. How to do M.A. in psychology after graduation in B.B.A.?
  9. Which course i should choose in Child and Adolescent Psychology?
  10. Is it compulsory to have Economics in BA to study MBA?
  11. List of colleges which offer PG Diploma in Counselling Psychology through correspondence in Siliguri
  12. Can I study psychology being a B.Com graduate?
  13. List of colleges to apply for PhD in Psychology with complete admission details?
  14. How to do M.Phil degree in Psychology? I am a PG in Psychology
  15. Possibility to study MS(Psychology) for BAMS and B.A.(Psychology) graduate?
  16. Possibility to study Diploma in Counselling at Tata Institute of Social Sciences for B.A.(Psychology) student? Detailed information and procedure to get admission?
  17. Job opportunities after doing integrated btech mba? Which Specialization in MBA I should in Integrated Btech-MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can i read Psychology after passing 10th from CBSE board?
4th May 2021, 06:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Psychology Counselling when I am B.Tech graduate and do MBA?

Yes, you can pursue Masters in Counselling Psychology being a BTech graduate.

You may definitely pursue a course in Psychology after BTech. However you need to score 55% marks or above in aggregate for a post graduation. After graduation, one can opt for an MSc in psychology.

However at most of the Universities, postgraduate courses in psychology are offered to students who have graduate with psychology. Only a few universities offer that.

List of Universities:-

Delhi University, Delhi
Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
Ambedkar University, Delhi
LPU University, Punjab
Thapar University, Punjab
10th May 2021, 11:26 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I do Psychology Counselling when I am B.Tech graduate and do MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepika1984$ View Post
Can I do Psychology counselling when I am B.Tech and MBA graduate? I am 33 years old female candidate and want to pursue my career in Psychology Counselling. Can I start my career in that and how?
**You can do diploma in Counselling which is a 1-year graduate degree program, the minimum eligibility is the 12th class from a recognized school board or its equivalent exam.
**One can do Master of Arts [MA] (Counselling Psychology) is a three year course,for that candidate must have done bachelor’s degree in psychology and intermediate cleared.
As per your qualification ,you can do only certification course.
##Many counsellors will start off in a different core profession such as:
-nursing, and other allied health professions with significant client contact
-social work
-teaching
-careers advice and coaching
-youth work
-social care
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?