19th June 2021, 08:14 AM
Varsha jagwani

Can I drop out from BCom to pursue career in Law?

Currently, I am doing my BCom. Can I drop out and pursue a career in law? If yes, what is the procedure for the same?

21st June 2021, 09:05 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I drop out from BCom to pursue career in Law?

°°° If you want to pursue your career in law then it would be suggested to join this course but until and unless you all truly interested in this field and I just want to suggest you not to dropout because after graduation you can join LLB and the duration will be just three years however if you drop out from your current course that is BCom then you have to again join for 5 years LLB course.

°°° So, it is not advisable to drop out from your BCom just to join LLB because LLB can be pursued after graduation as well and the duration gets reduced to 3 years from 5 years.

22nd June 2021, 12:18 AM
jeet2porwal

Yes, You can drop out from BCom to pursue career in Law.

You have to go for BA LLB course.

You can get admission through CLAT examination in any recognized LAW University.

You have to go through counseling procedure of CLAT to secure admission.

I would suggest you to complete your BCom because you can also go for Law degree after BCom.

It will take you 3 years to complete Law degree if you go after completing BCom otherwise it will take your 5 years.

23rd June 2021, 10:28 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can drop and opt for law. There are two kinds of law courses, one is a five year under graduate course and another is three years post graduate law course. As you have already into your first year of BCom. So joining any of these two course will take the same time to get you a degree.

But you should finish your BCom first and then join a three year LLB course. This course is available in almost every university.

Procedure for admission are different in different universities, some take admission through competitive exams while others on the basis of marks which you scored in your graduation.

24th June 2021, 10:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

According to me, it will be not the best option to quit the B.Com course and pursue law.

You can also pursue the law after the B.Com course and it will be three year duration course.

So, you must do the preparation to get admission in the best law colleges.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?