15th January 2011, 05:04 PM
jaipurguy1

Can I fill UPSC Engineering form with Electronics Branch? Is it a valid degree if I crack the exam?

I have done engineering in CS branch .Can I fill UPSC ENGG form with Electronic Branch and is it valid my degree if I cracked the exam..Can anyone update me.

Thanks in Advance for your reply

1st July 2011, 09:12 PM
RAJENDRA KUMAR SINGH
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I fill UPSC Engineering form with Electronics Branch? Is it a valid degree if I crack the exam?

Yes.You can Choose Electronics Branch while filling your UPSC ENGINEERING form.For Appearing UPSC form your educational qualification must be that you had obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.But it does not mention as to which subject is needed for this qualification.

Thus for UPSC written test you can choose any of these:-
1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
1st July 2011, 09:15 PM
RAJENDRA KUMAR SINGH
Junior Member+

Default Re: Can I fill UPSC Engineering form with Electronics Branch? Is it a valid degree if I crack the exam?

<P>Yes.You can Choose Electronics Branch while filling your UPSC ENGINEERING form.For Appearing UPSC form your educational qualification&nbsp; must be that <STRONG>you had obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.</STRONG>But it does not mention as to which subject is needed for this qualification.</P>
<P><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Thus for UPSC written test you can choose any of these:-</P>
<P><STRONG>1. <FONT color=blue>Civil Engineering</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG>2. <FONT color=blue>Mechanical Engineering</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG>3. <FONT color=blue>Electrical Engineering</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG>4. <FONT color=blue>Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.</FONT></STRONG></P>
3rd July 2011, 12:14 AM
umathkavi

No, you will not be eligible because whenthey will demand to show your documents and if they found that you have given wrong information then they will disqualify you.
So, please always fill the correct information.
3rd July 2011, 09:52 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

i am unable to find about which exam you are talking about in upsc BUT if you are talking about IES..

Then Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

yes in this exam you can put Electronic branch as here is no specific branch for CS but remember one thing you need to write the subjects of Electronic branch if you fill it ...
27th January 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I am a engineering student.My branch is electrical and electronics ..so can i fill upse form ? Is valid
27th January 2012, 07:15 PM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Can I fill UPSC Engineering form with Electronics Branch? Is it a valid degree if I crack the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaipurguy1 View Post
I have done engineering in CS branch .Can I fill UPSC ENGG form with Electronic Branch and is it valid my degree if I cracked the exam..Can anyone update me.

Thanks in Advance for your reply
No you can not fulfill of the electronics branch .you take only your own branch of CS in engineering service for UPSC.
15th March 2012, 01:50 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical EngineeringYou can Choose Electronics Branch while filling your UPSC ENGINEERING form.For Appearing UPSC form your educational qualification&nbsp; must be that <STRONG>you had obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University
15th March 2012, 01:54 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical EngineeringYou can Choose Electronics Branch while filling your UPSC ENGINEERING form.For Appearing UPSC form your educational qualification&nbsp; must be that <STRONG>you had obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University
1st May 2014, 04:02 AM
Unregistered

sir i hv completed my b.e degree in electronics and instrumentation...am i eligiable for upsc exam or not..if yes..then send me details...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?