24th June 2011, 05:03 PM
june216

Can I get admission in BSc Computer Science after scoring 40% in intermediate?

hi me junny i have done intermidate in commerce. now i made up my mind that take admission in bs computer science.. i got parcantage 40%. plz tell me can i take admission or not.....

Related Questions:
  1. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  2. Can i do B.Sc(Computer science) without studying Computers in 12th standard?
  3. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  4. How to get admission for BSc(IT) or BSc Computer Science in colleges in Delhi?
  5. Can I take admission in DU for BSc Maths or computer science after scoring 69% in CBSE 12th board exam
  6. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  7. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  8. Is it necessary to study Maths at intermediate level to do BSc computers? List of colleges offering BSc Computer Science?
  9. Can I study B.Sc(Computer Science) without having Computer Science in Intermediate? -- [New]
  10. Will I get admission for agriculture BSc after completing intermediate with 68%
  11. How to take admission in MSc class in DU after scoring 54% marks in BSc Computer Science from MDU?
  12. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  14. When will I receive the admit card of SSC(LDC)?
  15. Admission in BSc computer science after passing 12th?
  16. Am I eligible for BSc computer science after scoring 69% in Aggregate in Physics
  17. Will I get admission in M.Sc Computer Science after completing B.Sc Maths? Job opportunities and percentage required to get admission in M.Sc Computer Science?
  18. Which college is the best for MSc Computer Science in Mumbai? Can I get admission after scoring 51.125% in BSc Mathematics?
26th June 2011, 11:16 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in BSc Computer Science after scoring 40% in intermediate?

To do B.sc in Computer Science eligibility criteria which some of the colleges are considering are vary from one university to another university...

Eligibility criteria for B.sc in Computer Science
  • Some colleges are asking 10+2 passed candidates with maths/business mathematics may apply
  • and some of the colleges are asking 10+2 passed candidates in Science with Maths.

That show maths is compulsory in both the cases...
Some college are not asking any percentage criteria but some may ask a percentage range...
26th June 2011, 12:36 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in BSc Computer Science after scoring 40% in intermediate?

Eligibility criteria for BSc Computer science is different for different college.

you can get admission in BSc Computer science but the condition is you have Maths in 12th.

Criteria of required marks is different for different college.some have no boundation of required marks in 12th.

so try you can get admission.
26th June 2011, 01:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by june216 View Post
hi me junny i have done intermidate in commerce. now i made up my mind that take admission in bs computer science.. i got parcantage 40%. plz tell me can i take admission or not.....
yess you are not eligible for B.Sc computer science,

because you have to cleared 10+2 with commerce stream.

but you are eligible in BA computer science.

all the best.
26th June 2011, 02:17 PM
frooty.scooty

It can be varies from university to university.

Here you have interested in computer science.

Eligibility criteria for computer science is : +2 passed candidates with maths/business mathematics may apply
26th June 2011, 02:31 PM
Sagar Keshari

you must have pass your +2 with science subjects followed by maths. hope you had filled college admission forms. luv wait for list to be published your chamber are less to get an admission .
26th June 2011, 02:45 PM
kritika@Hans

hi dear,
yes you can do bsc if you got 40% marks.
you can do this from few private universities like...................
http://www.niit.com/Pages/DefaultINDIA.aspx
http://www.universalteacher4u.com/univ/ignou/bsc-bachelor-science.htm
26th June 2011, 02:59 PM
raja badam

If you want to do B.Sc computer Science percentage of marks is not a mandatory for joining.
After completion of your B.Sc you are not eligible for campus interviews like TCS, mahindera satyam etc.
26th June 2011, 03:31 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well if you have studied maths in

your intermediate, then you have a chance of getting admission in

B.Sc. computer science. Since most colleges demand maths as a subject in +2 level

About the doubt about percentages, there are many such colleges

which have a very low or just pass percentage requirement.

so my suggestion is that you inquire from the admin of the colleges

where you want to get admission
26th June 2011, 04:03 PM
nikhilpatidar

You get admission in B.sc computer science after scoring 40% in intermidiate you will be eligible in low ranking colleges.They colleges have no chance for placement drive.

Eligiblity criteria for B.sc in Computer Science :-
# minimum 38% in 10+2 class with pass in over all subjects.
#For placement drive communication skills are required.
26th June 2011, 04:04 PM
nikhilpatidar

You get admission in B.sc computer science after scoring 40% in intermidiate you will be eligible in low ranking colleges.They colleges have no chance for placement drive.

Eligiblity criteria for B.sc in Computer Science :-
# minimum 38% in 10+2 class with pass in over all subjects.
#For placement drive communication skills are required.
26th June 2011, 05:06 PM
sandymishra45

The eligibililty criteria for admission in B.Sc. from Computer science is different from one university to another.

Eligibility criteria for admission in B.SC. Computer science in different universities-

1. Some colleges demanding10+2 passed candidate with Maths and Science with good percentage

2. Some of them asking for Maths or business and Science.

3. While some of them are asking only for maths.

4. Some colleges are asking only for 10+2 from any stream and basics of computer.

So easily you will get admission in B.Sc.Computer science.
26th June 2011, 06:31 PM
rachender singh

Smile Re: Can I get admission in BSc Computer Science after scoring 40% in intermediate?

dear friend:-
a candidate is seeking to admission in bachlor of computer science must has:
maths and science.
intaking of student to bca is depends on college cut off marks . mean on what %age he wants to take students to bca course.
for example:-
if you want to take admission in pu (punjab university).
you must have 90% marks in maths.
14th January 2012, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in Bsc computer science in reputed college after scoring 70% in 2 exam?
26th May 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission for bsc it or bsc cs in mumbai, i have scored 58% in 12th and very low marks in maths
4th June 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

hey.................which subjects i need to choose if want to do bsc.comp science from du????..............and in have got aggregrate 88 %...........help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16th January 2013, 03:26 AM
Unregistered

I passed 12th in ganral sciance in 40.5%.And i want to addmision in bsc.it cors in mumbai .And one candition colleag in good campus selection
22nd March 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 700 out of total 1000 marks (i.e. 70% of total 1st and 2nd years) in Intermediate Public Examinations.....can i get a seat for B.Sc. Computer Science in a good private college or University in Visakhapatnam?
1st April 2013, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I had PCM in 12th Hsc, can I get admission for BSc computer science without appearing for MT-CET ?
17th April 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

HI SIR I AM MAGESH.M I HAVE COMPLETED IN 12TH COMPUTER SCIENCE CAN I GET THE ADMISSION FOR BSC COMPUTER SCINCE
10th May 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

My friend scored 63% in his 2. But he could not digest it. His family condition cannot allow him to spend more. Can he get a B.Sc seat in good remunerated colleges with low fees.
31st May 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

can anyone suggest me college name where i can get BSc CS?? but i had got 49% in hSC n in maths i had got only 35..is there any1 to help?
1st June 2013, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 54.66 % from science stream. What options are available for me now to study further? Please help me
6th June 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I got 69.2% marks in 12 iwant to do b.sc honours in du i am sc candidate
21st February 2014, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th with science (maths) scoring 63%. Can i apply for bsc computer science in government colej ?
9th May 2014, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I get add mission in bsc Cs if I passed in only two subjects in had that is maths and physics
10th June 2014, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

I am get 60% mrks in 12th cs=63 mth=53 chem=56 physic=57 eng=67 ph.edu.=72 can i take addmision in Bs comp.science in govt.collage or du
29th June 2014, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i have got 57 % in hsc ans i have 5 year gap due to finanical problem .so can i get in bcs admission in any college in mumbai.on this email id [email protected]
6th January 2015, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I do bsc cs with mathematics honors in mumbai unversity
8th May 2015, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

i got a 54% in 12th can i ellijible for bsc comp because some of the college are not ready to give ls he me
13th May 2015, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have taken just 567 marks in 2 with maths, physics, chemistry,biology can i able to apply for Bsc.computer science
11th June 2015, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Can I study bsc computer science without maths as a subject in 12th class
27th May 2016, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in bsc cs after scoring 70 percent in commerce with maths it
specify the colleges that allow for addmission
9th June 2016, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.SC CS/IT I secured 50.15% in 12th std from science stream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?