20th October 2011, 12:02 PM
sumitdiploma

Can i get admission directly to 2nd year B.Tech course in Engineering College in West Bengal?

I have passed diploma course in mechanical engineering with specialization in automobile engineering from institute of engineering and rural technology, allahabad. Can i get admission directly to second year b.tech course in an engineering college in west bengal?
Kindly reply.

Related Questions:
  1. How much rank is necessary in JELET exam to get admission in Electrical Engineering in 2nd year for 4 years course in government college in West Bengal?
  2. Names of some good institutes in west bengal providing summer training for btech 2nd year students?
  3. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for B.Ed. in West Bengal? List of colleges in West Bengal for B.Ed. course?
  4. How much rank is necessary to get admission in Civil Engineering 2nd year in West Bengal College?
  5. How much rank is necessary for admission in Civil Engineering 2nd year in West Bengal college?
  6. Can I take admission directly in 2nd year in Techno if I am 1st year student in Vel Tech university in Chennai?
  7. What are the chances of getting admission in government engineering college in West Bengal after scoring 12000 rank?
  8. How to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th?
  9. How to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma engineering after doing ITI Diesel Mechanic?
  10. Which are the colleges offering Robotics in Biotech?
  11. Which college is best to study B.Ed degree in West Bengal? -- [New]
  12. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile?
  14. Which government engineering college can I get after scoring 2816 rank in WBJEM?
  15. Can I get in Government Engineering College of West Bengal or any private engineering college of Kolkata after scoring 20616 in WBJEE?
  16. Colleges which offers Science in 11th ISC for a candidate who has secured 85% in 10th ICSE Board exam?
  17. Which engineering college can I get in West Bengal? What is the mode of admission?
  18. Can I get admission in any government engineering college in West Bengal after scoring 35785 in WBJEE?
15th January 2012, 03:24 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admission directly to 2nd year B.Tech course in Engineering College in West Bengal?

No it is not possible to take admission directly in the 2nd year B.Tech course in Engineering College in West Bengal. You have to appear for the entrance test for admission for the B.Tech course from the 1st semester. If you pass the exam then you are eligible to take admission for the course of B.Tech.
11th March 2012, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i get admission directly to 2nd year B.Tech course in Engineering College in West Bengal?

How to possible admission in BESU,HOWRA after complete mining diploma.
12th March 2012, 01:09 AM
r.gaurav007

yes you can get admission directly to 2nd yr (3rd sem).
you have to appear in exam conducted by wbjee.
12th March 2012, 02:16 AM
bishwa1987
Junior Member+

Yes you can take admission directly in the 2nd year B.Tech course in Private Engineering College in West Bengal.but there are some criteria you have to pass Diploma course,in that stream which you want to take on B.Tech.There is a exam called JELET for getting admission in B.Tech 2nd year for diploma holders. Then their is counseling according to your rank you got college. but from 2011 the private colleges of W.B get admission directly. If you want Govt. college then you have to scored a good rank in Jelet exam.
7th April 2012, 07:31 PM
Nishit1992

Yes,you can.There is a special exam for admission directly in 2nd year btech if you have a diploma.The exam is called JELET and you can get into good colleges.(i shall like adding to the information that lateral entry is a very easy way to get into top colleges.)
GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?