21st July 2014, 12:35 AM
Mahesh mapari

Can I get admission in IIT or any top mechanical college in India after completing mechanical engineering diploma?

Sir can i get admissin in iit or top machanical college in india after completing mech. Eng. Diploma please send how

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering on the basis of 10th standard
  2. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  3. Admission in MBM college of Rajasthan after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Haryana with 79%? List of top engineering colleges of Rajasthan?
  4. Can i do correspondence B.E Mechanical Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad
  6. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to join B.E Mechanical in government college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  9. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81%? Colleges where I can take admission?
  10. How to get admission in B.E after completing diploma in mechanical engineering from MSBTE with aggregate of 73%
  11. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
  12. How to take admission in degree college after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering/
  13. Can I get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering course?
  14. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in mechanical engineering in Mumbai after diploma? What is the procedure for that?
  16. Can I get admission in NIT after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering form ATTC College?
  17. Can I get admission in Pune Government College of Engineering in B.E after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  18. Am I eligible to apply for B.E. programme in IIT being a diploma Mechanical Engineer? Top B.E. colleges for diploma holder?
23rd July 2014, 09:37 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT or any top mechanical college in India after completing mechanical engineering diploma?

First of all, you are eligible to seek admission but do not expect lateral entry scheme in IIT. For eligibility, diploma engineers with minimum 60per cent marls in all semesters are eligible to write IITJEE and AIEEE. In IITs, NIT's, BIT, there is no provision for lateral entry in second year. You have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12. For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?