Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIT after scoring 90.8% in JEE mains

Can I get admission in Nit

after scoring 90.8%in jee mains. please do help me

7th June 2015, 06:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT after scoring 90.8% in JEE mains

It is not possible to score the exactly 90.8% aggregate in the JEE Mains as the JEE examination which is conducted by the CBSE every year for the candidates.

The JEE examination is total of 360 marks and the it's 90.8% aggregate means 326.88 marks which is not possible. The examination contains 90 questions and for each question you are gifted by 4 marks where as 1 mark get deducted for each wrong answer.

But , according to my opinion I think you want to say that you have scored the aggregate in the board 10+2 examination which is the best score . But to get the admission in the NIT you have to qualify in the JEE Mains examination. There is separate cut off for each category in the JEE Mains and the rank are prepared on the basis Board aggregate and JEE Mains marks both.

The examination are conducted in the month of April and after qualifying in it , you are eligible for the Advance ( Second stage ) through which the selected candidates are eligible for the IIT.

For more information regarding the syllabus and the examination pattern visit at www.cbse.nic.in. Question in the examination are from the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only 30 from each.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?