18th February 2011, 12:23 PM
bewithakash

Can I get admitted in IIT for M.Tech after doing B.Tech under BPUT in Orissa?

i am doing my b.tech under bput in orissa. can i get admitted in iit for my m.tech degree .please show me the ways how can i get into iit for my m.tech.please mail me the possible ways at my email id.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Geeta engineering college approved by AICTE?
  2. How may I convert the grades of BPUT(Orissa) into Percentage?
  3. How to do B.Tech under BPUT? What are the trainings?
  4. List of engineering colleges in Orissa for doing B.Tech(EEE)? Can I take admission in BPUT(Technical university of Orissa)? I'm a student of 2nd year in B.Tech and just completed 1st year from RGPV(Bhopal)
  5. Internship details in IITs or any government companies being a BPUT student?
  6. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  7. Which branch is better between EEE and ECE in Engineering?
  8. Apart from teaching profession which are the other career opportunities available after M.Tech?
  9. Which colleges provide good placements after M.Tech? What are other options after BE (ECE)?
  10. Best college in Odisha for 12th after ICSE board with 77%?
  11. Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed 3years B.Tech after the completion of Diploma?
  12. How I can do B.E(electrical) through correspondence? I've done diploma(electrical) from Orissa
  13. Best Engineering colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I appear for GATE in Mathematics stream if I am pursuing B.E in Computer Science stream?
  15. C.G.P.A. requirements for getting into a core company
  16. Is it possible for me to get a good job in IT companies after completion of 10th with 76%, 12th with 54% and B.Sc with 62%? -- [New]
  17. can i get admitted in M.E or M.Tech in West Bengal after completing BSc in civil engineering from Bangladesh
  18. What exams to appear for to do M.Tech after B.Tech EEE?
1st August 2011, 03:26 PM
satishreddym3

Default Re: Can I get admitted in IIT for M.Tech after doing B.Tech under BPUT in Orissa?

yes, u can for that you have to write gate exam, by qualifying in gate you can get admission in iit based on your gate score
cuttoff for qualifyng
oc-25
obc-22.5
sc/st-19
to get in iit for oc it should be above 55
2nd August 2011, 07:26 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I get admitted in IIT for M.Tech after doing B.Tech under BPUT in Orissa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewithakash View Post
i am doing my b.tech under bput in orissa. can i get admitted in iit for my m.tech degree .please show me the ways how can i get into iit for my m.tech.please mail me the possible ways at my email id.
Admission in the IIT college for M.Tech course after completing B.Tech course.

If you are doing B.Tech course from BPUT, Orissa and after completion B.Tech course want to take admission in the IIT college for the M.Tech course then you need to appear in the GATE examination. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT for the admission in the M.Tech course. There are no other way to the admission in IIT college for M.Tech course.

Every year the application form for the GATE examination is out in the month of September. To appear in the GATE examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = To appear in the GATE examination you need any one of the given educational qualification.

-> Bachelor degree in the field of engineering and Technology. Final year or Pre-final year candidates of this course are eligible to apply for GATE exam.

-> Master degree in any branch science/mathematics/static/Computer Application. Final and pre-final year candidates of this curse are eligible to apply for the GATE examination.

NOTE :- There are no age and no. of attempt limit for the GATE examination.

So, if you are doing B.Tech course then you can apply in the 3rd year or in final year or after final year. If your score in the GATE examination is above 90% then you can get a chance to the admission in the IIT college for M.Tech course. The GATE score card is valid for the two year.

If you want to know more information regarding GATE examination then please visit this website :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/index.php

Regards
~Mukul~
2nd August 2011, 07:43 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes,you can get admitted in IIT for M.Tech after doing B.Tech under BPUT in Orissa.
But for that you have to write gate exam, by qualifying in gate you can get admission in iit based on your gate score
cuttoff for qualifyng:-
oc-25
obc-22.5
sc/st-19

Educational Qualification:-

**Bachelor degree in the field of engineering and Technology.[ Final year or Pre-final year candidates of this course are eligible to apply for GATE exam].

**Master degree in any branch science/mathematics/static/Computer Application. [Final and pre-final year candidates of this curse are eligible to apply for the GATE examination].

**There are no age and no % of marks limit for the GATE examination.

If you want to know more information about GATE examination then please visit this website :-[ http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/index.php]

Best of luck!
2nd August 2011, 08:04 PM
liquid

After a careful survey and study I made a list of private engineering colleges and state universities that offer M.Tech or MS in Orissa. As AICTE is strict in giving permission to run Masters in Engineering program, these colleges can also be considered as top engineering colleges in Orissa.
For Admission into these colleges in M.Tech, please search for the contact details and call them directly. Please do not hesitate to call them for admission information. Mostly they give an ad in local news papers for admissions to M.Tech program.

You may find Orissa state universities added to list as they also admit student on their own test or interview, definitely they give preference to gate qualified candidates. But mostly non gate students will also get chance in these universities.

This list may not be fully updated if you find any changes please let me know by which list can be more comprehensive and useful to many like us.

The list is as follows:

College Courses
C.V. RAMAN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING,
AT- BIDYA NAGAR,
MOHURA, JANTA,
BHUBANESWAR,
752 054
Orissa MECHATRONICS
HEAT POWER ENGINEERING
CENTRAL INST OF PLASTIC ENGG & TECH
B-25, CNI COMPLEX,
PATIA,BHUBANESWAR

751 024
Orissa PLASTIC ENGINEERING
COL OF ENGG & TECH, ORISSA UNIV OF AGRI & TECH
BHUBANESWAR
751 003
Orissa STRUCTURAL ENGG
COMPUTER SCIENCE & INFORMATION TECH
INDUSTTRIAL ENGG & MANAGEMENT
GANDHI INST. OF ENGG. AND TECHNOLOGY
C/O GIET CAMPUS,
GUNUPUR,
DIST. RAYAGADA,
Orissa NETWORKS
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
INDIRA GANDHI INST OF TECH
SARANG, TALCHER,
759, 146, DIST DHENKANAL
Orissa ENVIRONMENTAL SC & ENGG
INDUSTRIAL POWER CONTROL & DRIVES
INST. OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH
JAGAMOHAN NAGAR, JAGAMARA,
PO. KHANDAGIRI, BHUBANESWAR

Orissa COMPUTER SC. & ENGINEERING
ELECTRONICS & TELE COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
KALINGA INST. OF TECH. & SC.
PATIA,
BHUBANESWAR
Orissa
COMPUTER SCIENCE
POWER ELECTRONICS & DRIVE
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SC. & TECH.
PALUR HILLS, BERHAMPUR
BERHAMPUR
Orissa ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGG.
UNIV COL OF ENGG, SAMBALPUR UNIV
JYOTI VIHAR
SAMBALPUR
768 019
Orissa HYDRAULICS & IRRIGATION ENGG
STRUCTURAL ENGG
TRANSPORTATION ENGG
POWER SYSTEM ENGG
COMUNICATION SYSTEMS
HEAT POWER ENGG
MACHINE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
PRODUCTION ENGG
HYDRAULICS & IRRIGATION ENGG
POWER SYSTEM ENGG
COMUNICATION SYSTEMS
HEAT POWER ENGG
MACHINE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
PRODUCTION ENGG
For more information about GATE results, percentile cut off for IITs and NITs, Gate coaching centers all over India, Books referred for GATE, Tips for preparing GATE and details about other competitive exams like CSIR/UGC NET kindly subscribe by email. Also leave a comment to help and support the other readers. We wish you a great luck with you careers.
For colleges in other states you can visit “Statewise list of Private Engineering colleges offering M.Tech”
2nd August 2011, 08:23 PM
amisha rath

hey friend

for admission in MTech course from IITs then you have to appear in GATE
and according to your branch you can choose stream and as per its syllabus you can prepare for exam.

for notification of GATE exam please visit iit bombay website in month of october
this exam usually happen in feb .

it requires to have strong hold on logics and concepts about subjects.

best luck
2nd August 2011, 08:26 PM
amisha rath

hey friend

for admission in MTech course from IITs then you have to appear in GATE
and according to your branch you can choose stream and as per its syllabus you can prepare for exam.

for notification of GATE exam please visit iit bombay/kharagpur website in month of october
this exam usually happen in feb (2nd sunday).

it requires to have strong hold on logics and concepts about subjects.
so it is quite helpful if you choose those stream which you already studying during 4 year BTech course.

best luck
2nd August 2011, 08:52 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
why not!
yes,after complete your B.TECH in BPUT
then you are eligible for M.TECH in IIT.

BPUT is a good engineering university in orissa

it is a reputed university & quality syllabus for all.

So many company most choice this
university.

OK after complete B.TECH
then you apply GATE exam if you able to
good score in this
then your chance is get............
2nd August 2011, 10:52 PM
Sehwag6

After btech , mtech is a good choice. Eligibility for mtech:- finished your btech graduation and then apply graduate aptitude test in engineering(gate) exam. Then you get good gate score means get good and top colleges. There is no age limit and no number of attempts for gate exam. Good luck
13th February 2013, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

is there any way to get direct admission to M.tech in IIT?
13th February 2013, 06:46 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admitted in IIT for M.Tech. after doing B.Tech. under BPUT in Orissa but you have to apply, appear and crack entrance exam GATE.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITS and NITs etc.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.

With a very good top score in GATE, you may get admitted to M.Tech. courses in IIT.
14th February 2013, 04:34 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Akash,

Nice to see that you are interested in doing M.Tech after completion of B.Tech from BPTU in Bhopal.

You can do M.Tech from IIT (Indian Institute Of Technology) only if you crack the GATE Examination.

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.

The GATE Examination is conducted every year by the seven Indian Institutes Of Technology and the Indian Institute Of Science - Bangalore.

This Examination is conducted for those students who have finished their B.Tech and want to do M.Tech in colleges like IIT , NIT , BITS , etc.

The Eligibility Criteria For GATE Examination are :

* You must have completed B.Tech in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* You must have a minimum of 50% marks in B.Tech.

* You do not have any active pending backlogs.

* There is no age limit for this exam.

* There is no bar on the number of attempts for this exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th February 2013, 09:33 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend
See its a good decision to do M.Tech in IIT's and then you can have a good possibilities of jobs, higher education
For joining you must pass a pre-test i.e., GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE

1. The basic eligibility for GATE exam is B.Tech/B.E or M.Sc, MCA, MBA
2. The GATE score card is valid for 2 years
3. The GATE exam is conducted twice in a year
After passing you can go counselling for GATE and accoeding to rank choose your college
all the best..........
21st May 2013, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

MAY I TAKE ADMISSION THROUGH PGAT IN M TECH IN ECE IN BPUT . I AM MSC IN IT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?