17th May 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a government college after scoring 539 in WBJEE?

my this year wbjee rank in st is 539......can i get any govt. college?likely to jadhavpur/shibpur in gud stream....

29th August 2012, 02:20 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get a government college after scoring 539 in WBJEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my this year wbjee rank in st is 539......can i get any govt. college?likely to jadhavpur/shibpur in gud stream....
The first most important thing you should remember is that together with your rank in entrance examination your class 12 aggregate marks is also very important. It plays a crucial part in making you eligible to get admission. Your Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) marks will matter the most while taking admission in engineering colleges. In Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) your aggregate percentage should not be less than 60%.

Moreover, you should also keep in mind that there are different branches/disciplines in engineering - civil, mechanical, chemical, computer science and electronics, electrical, aeronautical, information technology, automobile, print, mining engineering etc. You haven't even mentioned that, you want to take admission in which branch/discipline of engineering.

Most of the UGC recognized and government universities/colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India.

If your academics match with the above eligibility criteria you can try for admission in these government engineering colleges/universities:

Kalyani Government Engineering College:
Kalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, India-741235
Web: www.kgec.edu.in

Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College
Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India
Web: www.jgec.org

Asansol Engineering College
Asansol, Dist. Burdwan-713305
West Bengal.
Phone: 0341-2252108/2253057
Web: www.aecwb.net

Jadavpur University-Faculty of Engineering, Kolkata (JUFOE-K)
Kolkata
Phone: 033-2414/6666
Web: www.jadavpur.edu

Government College of Engineering & Leather Technology
Block-LB, Sector-III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata- 700098, West Bengal.
Phone: 033-23356977
Web: www.gcelt.gov.in

BESU - Bengal Engineering and Science University
Shibpur, West Bengal
www.becs.ac.in

You can also try in these government colleges/universities outside West Bengal:

Rohtak Institute of Engineering & Management
Neharpar Faridabad
Tel: 0129 220 2064
www.riem.in

Manav Rachna International University:
Sec- 43, Delhi, Surajkund Road, Faridabad,
Tel: 7407557576
www,mriu.ac.in

Manipal University:
www.manipal.edu
Tel: 9735099233
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?