12th July 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I get into computer field after doing ECE?

i just passed my 12th and m planning to go for b.tech in ece...can i get into computer field after doing ece and if yes then how?

1st October 2012, 09:48 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Default Re: Can I get into computer field after doing ECE?

Dear friend,
Now a days a huge no. of IT MNC's are recruiting even non It students.
IF the proper training is available then anyone can learn these technologies like C, C++, JAVA, DOT NET, Hardware and Networking.

But if the students is from IT, Computer Science Engineering or ECE then he will have more touch with the softwares and these courses.

It will take less time for them to learn these technologies or courses.

It's not a big deal to get into computer field if you belong to ECE.

Choose best placement and training institute and learn it well to clear the interviews.

Believe you can and you will on the half way.

Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
2nd October 2012, 07:50 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely make it into the computer field after completing Electronics and Communication Engineering. However a lot depends on how well you perform in the B.Tech course.

Electronics and Communication is one of the best fields of Engineering which offers jobs in wide range of fields. Information Technology is one of these fields. To give you an example, Infosys, which is one of India's leading IT companies hire more Electronics and Communication Engineers than any other company.

Its not just in IT field but Infosys is the biggest hirer of Electronics and Communication Engineers than any other company in any field in India. Infosys conducts various on campus drive in colleges across the country to hire ECE candidates.

This is just a small example of how much there is a demand of Electronics and Communication Engineers in the IT sector. Apart from Infosys, other companies too hire ECE candidates. Some of these companies are:

Infosys

Wipro

Satyam

Patni

Accenture

TCS

HCL

Microsoft

IBM

Intel

Google

Yahoo

As you can see that almost all the companies in the IT sector are interested in hiring Electronics and Communication Engineers. However the job is given purely on the merit. ou need to meet certain requirements in order to be eligible for the job.

1. You must complete B.Tech from a recognized university.

2. You should maintain 60 to 65 percent throughout the academic career. Some companies hire candidates with 60 percent like Infosys while others prefer candidates with 65 percent.

3. What this means is 65 percent marks in 10th, 12th, and graduation course.

4. There should be no more than 2 years gap in education.

5. There should be no pending backlogs.
2nd October 2012, 11:53 AM
Ravinder.Singh.Jasrotia

Friend,

-- ECE stands for Electronics Communication Engineering.

-- A student of ECE can hope for the bright future in the IT sector.

-- First of all, you should have to learn the languages like C++, Java, Oracle, Visual Basic, DOT NET, Hardware and Networking.

-- You should keep your percentage marks in academic and current ECE high so as to have better chance of selection.
2nd October 2012, 03:27 PM
vjprabhuvel

Yes, ofcourse you can get into the Computer field after doing your Electronics and Communication degree...!

ECE is one of the most sought after course by the students after completing schooling. This is because of its evergreen nature. After choosing Electronics and Communication, you can go in for either Core field or Software field depending upon your interest.

There are lots of IT companies hiring ECE graduates.
Top IT concerns like
* TCS
* Wipro
* Cognizant
* HCL
* Infosys
* Tech Mahindra
* Hexaware
* Polaris and many more...!

To get into the computer field after ECE you need to be strong in your programming skills and have a indepth knowledge in C, C++, Java, Oracle, PHP, SQL and Dot net.

Even in your ECE course you will papers like C, C++ and OOPS, Datastructures, Digital Design, Java, Digital Signal Processing papers which are also commom to both CSE and IT branches.

You can also do some add-on courses in your unfamiliar programming languages at NIIT, Aptech, CSC and other institutions.
This will be very helpful for you at the time of your placements.

To get into these software companies you have to clear your degree with NIL backlogs and prepare for their selection process like aptitude tests, GD and personal interview.

Regards,
Vj
2nd October 2012, 03:29 PM
vjprabhuvel

Yes, ofcourse you can get into the Computer field after doing your Electronics and Communication degree...!

ECE is one of the most sought after course by the students after completing schooling. This is because of its evergreen nature. After choosing Electronics and Communication, you can go in for either Core field or Software field depending upon your interest.

There are lots of IT companies hiring ECE graduates.
Top IT concerns like
* TCS
* Wipro
* Cognizant
* HCL
* Infosys
* Tech Mahindra
* Hexaware
* Polaris and many more...!

To get into the computer field after ECE you need to be strong in your programming skills and have a indepth knowledge in C, C++, Java, Oracle, PHP, SQL and Dot net.

Even in your ECE course you will papers like C, C++ and OOPS, Datastructures, Digital Design, Java, Digital Signal Processing papers which are also commom to both CSE and IT branches.

You can also do some add-on courses in your unfamiliar programming languages at NIIT, Aptech, CSC and other institutions.
This will be very helpful for you at the time of your placements.

To get into these software companies you have to clear your degree with NIL backlogs and prepare for their selection process like aptitude tests, GD and personal interview.

Regards,
Vj
2nd October 2012, 04:55 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i just passed my 12th and m planning to go for b.tech in ece...can i get into computer field after doing ece and if yes then how?
Yes, You can easily get into computer field being a student of ECE. For IT/CSE field just complete the programming languages courses like C/C++ ,Java, DotNet, javascript etc along with your degree course as these are short term courses.
There are many software companies which hire ECE students as well which are as follows:
Infosys
HCL
Wipro
Accenture
Google
Sopra etc.
Actually company hires freshers irrespective of the stream to which they belong.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?