26th August 2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I give the exam to get admission in Air Force? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year CS branch

I m student of b.tech 3rd yr cs branch .n i want to know that can i give the exam of get admision in airforce ........and tell me the exam name for cs eng.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give Air Force entrance test if I am a B.Tech 3rd year student?
  2. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year
  3. How can I join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year IT
  4. While in 3rd year EE branch can I join Indian Air Force in Technical Branch?
  5. How to join Air Force in Technical Branch? I am a 3rd year student going B.Tech with electronics and communication branch
  6. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  7. How to get job in Air Force being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE?
  8. Can I apply for Indian Air force in technical branch? I am a B.Tech 3rd year student
  9. How to apply in Air Force before commencement of 4th year? I am pursuing B.Tech with Electronics and Telecommunication branch
  10. How to apply for Permanent Service Commission after BDS? -- [New]
  11. Information about online certificate exam? I am a 3rd year student
  12. Is Indian Air Force after passing ECE 3rd year?
  13. Which Entrance Exam I have to appear for to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in CSE? What procedure to follow for this?
  14. Am I eligible for government job after completing B.Tech from KSOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to join intelligence branch if I am a student of BSc 3rd year student
  16. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  17. Can I get a job for technical position air force passing 3rd year electronics and communication?
  18. Which are the good companies for training in Jaipur? I am a student a B.Tech 3rd year
31st May 2015, 09:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give the exam to get admission in Air Force? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year CS branch

Yes you can give the entrance examination to join Indian Air force but you will have to first complete your third year of engineering and get admitted in the final year of same course as only those students who have either completed their graduation or pursuing the final year of same are eligible .

Also the entrance examination which you have to clear is the Combined Defense Service examination .The same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year generally in the month of April and September and are called as CDS I & CDS II respectively .

The CDS has four wings which are Indian Naval Academy , Indian Air force , Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy .

The eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination for your desired wing are as following :-

* You must be an Indian citizen .

* You must have done your graduation or pursuing final year of same with Physics / Chemistry or engineering course from a recognized university .

* Your age must be within 19 years to 23 years .

* You must be physically and mentally sound as per the service norms .

The examination is held in two stages which are as Written examination and Service selection board interview respectively .

For more details and notifications regarding the upcoming examination you must visit the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
31st May 2015, 10:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give the exam to get admission in Air Force? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year CS branch

Yes you are eligible to appear for the Air Force examination after your graduation ( in the 4th year of B.tech ). The examination for the Air force is conducted by the UPSC as CDS examination. The examination is conducted twice in a year. The examination are conducted in the month of January and November every year.

The eligibility for the examination is candidates must have passed their graduation degree from a recognised university in Physics , Mathematics or any B.tech stream for the Air Force. The candidate must be between 19-22 years.

The questions in the examination are from Mathematics , General Knowledge and English. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. It is necessary to qualify in both the stages for the final selection in the Defence services. For more information you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

** -There is also a AFCAT entrance test conducted for the joining of the Air Force and in the examination only B.tech candidates are eligible to apply.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and AFSSB . It is also necessary to qualify in both of them for the final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?